picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

dot151 Views

any lawyers here...?

So I ordered from Wishtrend. And now shipping things to Europe you have to pay taxes. Like I really dont mind that part. But because it was shipped with DHL Express they paid my taxes in advance (WITHOUT ME EVEN KNOWING??) and now they want a 15€ fee + ~8€ taxes. And I could have go and paid it myself??? And I would save the 15€?? Like this twice the amount of my taxes that they paid?? And the package I ordered from Wishtrend was only 40€. So I'm paying like 37% more just because they paid in advance WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR MY CONSENT. I was thinking about not accepting the package and cancel my order just to order again but without expedited shipping but Wishtrend only offers expedited shipping right now. What would you do in my situation??
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

I’m in Canada, but facing same issue here.. DHL is charging me 19$ processing fees while the amount of actual tax is about 4$. There’s no option to pay the tax by myself, so I guess it is what it is….
upvote

comment

cylieskin user profile picture

cylieskin

Oily/Resilient

Hate when this happens in Canada. When you get notified by DHL, you know there’s going to be some duties, taxes and DHL processing fee. Although I had an experience with Stylevana recently where they sent my package through DHL which was over 100 CAD and didn’t pay anytning!
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

Its probably because its Wishtrend uses express shipping. In that case, DHL would pay the taxes in advance, so there are no hold ups so you will be able to receive your package faster. And for that.. they charge 2% administration fee.. with a minimum of €14.50 .. it freakin sucks..
upvote

comment

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Yes I figured it out and because I only ordered for 40€ they used the minimum :(
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

I'm also from Europe. But in my country, they can't do this without your consent. They sent you an email, and you have to fill out a form and agree to their terms (btw, it costs a bit more here 😅 24€ + tax 21% of the total). In my country, you can do it yourself but only personally in the capital, and I don't live there, so it's easier to pay them. You have to check your country's customs to see if there is a way to do it yourself. But 8€ seems reasonable because they'll take care of everything for you and it's faster.
upvote

comment

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

No 8€ is the taxes. I need to pay 15€. For my giveaway I received a letter from our tax office and I could pay it there. But now I dont have the opportunity to do it. Paying for the taxes were super fast and that easy so I dont get why they force me to pay them that high of a fee because its double the price of my taxes. Imagine me taxes were higher so the fees would also be higher.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!