picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Skin Concern

Skincarewithsowmya user profile picture

Skincarewithsowmya

Oily/Resilient

dot303 Views

Is chemical exfoliation necessary apart from physical exfoliation? Any tips for the first time exfoliators?

I have never chemically exfoliated till now and I'n kinda scared to do it! If you guys have done chemical exfoliation, please share your experience and share some tips for beginners☺ I have oily/acne skin type!
carousel
carousel
carousel
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

star rating

(605)

favorite

upvote

comment

29 Comments

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

Welcome to the chemical exfoliation club! 😜 I’ve read that derms recommend chemical exfoliation over physical exfoliation (some physical exfoliants can sometimes cause micro tears in the skin), so chemical exfoliation is actually safer in some ways! Since it’s your first time with the ingredient/product, be sure to spot test it first, just in case. But you’re starting with a well loved product! Not too strong, so hopefully there shouldn’t be much tingling like with some exfoliants. Use only once a week to start, then if your skin is tolerating it well you can increase it to twice a week - any more often and your skin won’t have a chance to recover. I hope you enjoy the results as much as I do! Good luck 💕
upvote

comment

ahiraf user profile picture

ahiraf

Oily/Resilient

good info.
upvote

comment

ciszkaay user profile picture

ciszkaay

Dry/Sensitive

hi~ actually physical exfoliation is better for oily skin type, but since it has bigger chance to irritate our skin so you can choose the chemical one. Your choice is just right choice, gentle enough especially for sensitive skin😉
upvote

comment

Skincarewithsowmya

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for the expertise😉💖
upvote

comment

normanrockwell user profile picture

normanrockwell

Oily/Sensitive

avoid using physical exfoliants. chemical exfoliants do a waayyy better job at evenly exfoliating your skin, and they do not create micro tears (cant say the same for facial scrubs)
upvote

comment

normanrockwell user profile picture

normanrockwell

Oily/Sensitive

and since u have oily, acne prone skin (i do too!) a BHA aka salicylic acid is the best choice
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Start slow. Try twice a week with this before increasing the usage. Since your skin is renewing itself, you should always apply at least SPF 30 in the day time.
upvote

comment

Skincarewithsowmya

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for the tips✨
upvote

comment

MieraSyaf user profile picture

MieraSyaf

Oily/Sensitive

for beginners iam recommending you Cosrx AHA/BHA clarifying toner & BHA blackheads liquid. I’ve triend and experienced them before when I firstly introduced acid to my skin. Both of them are super gentle and derivatives.
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

COSRX
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

star rating

(1889)

favorite

BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

COSRX
BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

star rating

(1048)

favorite

upvote

comment

Skincarewithsowmya

Oily/Resilient

Thanm you so much for the recommendations✨ I'll make sure to add them to my cart!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x DR. G | R.E.D Blemish Clear Soothing Cream event

Picky x DR. G | R.E.D Blemish Clear Soothing Cream

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 10th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!