picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

skincarewithme56 user profile picture

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

dot230 Views

The one and only James Welsh

James Welsh is one of the influencers who really helped me with my skincare journey as a beginner (I'm 14 so🙂). Anyway, he has really good and helpful contents to adress your skin needs and concerns, he also reveals truths and scams about "hyped" products (he grills them sometimes😂). On top of that, I really love his saying "Progression over Perfection", it helped me realize that skincare takes time and not an overnight miracle😆 I also love it when he makes videos with his twin brother Robert, they are so humorous and funny together, you will see a "different" James when he's with Robert lol. Robert is a content creator as well where his contents focus on makeup. You can subcribe and watch their vids on YouTube😍 What are your thoughts about him/them, glad to read it in the comments☺️ ( wonder if he has a Picky acc?)
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

6 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I like James as he covers lots of products that are available in the UK and I also like him talking about unrealistic photo manipulation and editing. I think it's important to understand that what we see online often isn't real 😏
upvote

comment

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

Yeahhh I agree❤️
upvote

comment

FragranceFree4Life user profile picture

FragranceFree4Life

Dry/Sensitive

I love his voice! he should do audiobooks or be an option setting on your phone. I don’t use Siri or Alexa but I would if they sounded like him.
upvote

comment

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

Omg! yess everyone in his comment section says he should do ASMR because his voice is so soothing 👄
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

I do not watch him, but personally James > Hyram. James at least has knowledge and I guess he even has education behind his knowledge while Hyram is just working on what working for brands gave him. As an esthetician working in marketing, I can tell you that what brands give you in so called briefs or what brands teach you usually don't fit common knowledge, lots of stuff are just slogans for marketing purposes. By the way, I have this funny issue that I don't remember faces of people - it's easier for me to figure if I see a friend after hearing their voice. My mind at first couldn't understand that James and Robert are two different people 😂
upvote

comment

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

Ohh, that makes a lot of sense, James really sounds knowledgeable . Yes the twins has a weekly reminder that they are not the same person lol😂
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

i used to watch a lot of his vids.. but nowadays not anymore. He’s more transparent than others but there are too many products he uses and a lot of ads, that I wonder if they are genuine reviews. For example, he did a vid about Beautybay products.. but he never mentioned their products in other vids..maybe only the jelly cleanser..
upvote

comment

skincarewithme56

Oily/Sensitive

That's a good point. I also agree about how much products he use though it's his work to review them (according to him)
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!