picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Ingredients

M

marzmoo

Oily/Resilient

dot136 Views

Rosehip oil as an alternative to retinol?

Hii friends! I need some insight on this. As many of your have probably already know, rosehip oil has some form or derivative of vitamin A. I won't get too in-depth about that. I, myself, am currently using rosehip oil (Lifeflo Pure Rosehip Seed Oil) for its (possible) vitamin A benefits, specifically getting rid of acne scars. For almost 2 months of usage, I havent seen that much of a change in what I initially wanted to use it for. Because of this, I am planning to add a retinoid (The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion) to my routine in the future. It could be that I should give rosehip oil more time to really work for my skin or maybe its not really reaping any of its vitamin A benefits. I was wondering if anyone has tried using rosehip oil as an alternative to retinol and their experience with it, or if anyone just has some thoughts about this.
upvote

comment

15 Comments

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

Rosehip oil does have its own benefits for sure, but it just canโ€™t compare to the powerhouse of retinol and stronger retinoids. Sometimes I still want the gentle, soothing properties of the rosehip oil, though!
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

Rosehip oil is a fantastic ingredient and I recommend it alot to people for so many reasons, including aging etc, but it will not have any where near the same benefits as a retinoid for acne scarring. xxx๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
upvote

comment

Cade user profile picture

Cade

Oily/Sensitive

rosehip might help a little & it's benefits are great. however for what you are needing, Retinol is the way to go
upvote

comment

emmyliuuy user profile picture
super picky user badge

emmyliuuy

Dry/Resilient

I never tried rosehip oil as an alternative to retinol โ€” would love to learn more about this!
upvote

comment

Andreitar89 user profile picture

Andreitar89

Oily/Resilient

Not, the power of rosehip is very weak compared to retinol
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!