picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Skin Concern

ireview user profile picture

ireview

Oily/Sensitive

dot435 Views

I don't wash my face in the AM

This might sound weird but the pandemic and staying indoors made me realize just how much better my face looks just before I wash it in the morning. I have oily, sensitive, acne-proned skin and when I wake up in the morning, my face is very refreshed, plump, smooth and soft. Then I wash it and bam....it becomes irritated and just not-so plump or smooth anymore. So, for a couple of days now, I just leave my face as is in the morning. And my skin feels so much better, honestly. Less breakouts and all.Thanks to working from home, I was able to do this experiment πŸ˜… I mean I can't really do this when we go back to in-person. Well, unless someone here has a suggestion?πŸ€” I would like to hear y'alls thoughts? Has anyone experienced or noticed this happening to them too, before their morning washes? Or what do you think?
upvote

comment

26 Comments

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

if it works for you, it works. but it’s not for me. my skin is great when i wake up in the morning, just like yours. except, by 2pm, if i don’t cleanse it, my skin gets super rough and oily and just all around gross. so yeah, if it works for you, it works. but for me, i gotta wash in the morning too if i wanna avoid all of that
upvote

comment

ireview

Oily/Sensitive

Yeah agreed. I love this skin journey and these conversations. You'd think that being in my late 20's I'd have already figured out my skin by now, but honestly I feel like I learn something new about my skin each time I talk to people about skin and listen to what works and what doesn't work for them. I just wish I'd started sooner. Thanks for sharing
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Lucky you! I can cook breakfast on my oily face in the morning πŸ˜‚ It feels dirty and yuk anyway. I've been washing my face in the mornings for as long as I can remember!
upvote

comment

ireview

Oily/Sensitive

Don't we just love the skin is!!! It has a "mind" of it's ownπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
upvote

comment

Z

zoozoo

Dry/Sensitive

i just used water,sometimes facewash (rarely because i dont have much break time),or i just leave my skin without washing with water or fw untill afternoon like (3-4pm and i will do my routine),some times im just doing 1 routine/day
upvote

comment

ireview

Oily/Sensitive

The afternoon wash sometimes is so me. One routine per day has yielded better results for me this far
upvote

comment

Ditke888 user profile picture

Ditke888

Oily/Sensitive

For some sensitive type of skin, the morning cleanser can be too harsh, ripping off the healthy oil balance of the skin. It is perfectly fine to use only luke warm water in the morning, if it is enough for your skin.
upvote

comment

ireview

Oily/Sensitive

Yup! Absolutely. I am going with just water in the morning from now onπŸ™ŒπŸΏ
upvote

comment

Btrskin user profile picture

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

I don't use cleanser in the morning either and it has been working very well
upvote

comment

ireview

Oily/Sensitive

Niice! Thanks for sharing ❀
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!