picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

skincarenewbie user profile picture

skincarenewbie

Oily/Resilient

dot307 Views

buying affordable/inexpensive vs. Expensive product

So my dilemma is, I used some products that works for me but at the same time I feel it's kinda expensive and then when I tried to use other product, I feel my face didn't like it or I encounter purging. Like what would you do? stick to the expensive product or keep on trying and take a gamble to find affordable but you're not sure if will be as effective as the one you usually buy? Example product that's quite expensive⬇️. Been using them for more than a month but I stopped since its quite expensive but It seems that my face wants them haha so I'm planning to go back to this once I finished the toner and serum that i'm currently using.
Spot Saver Mugwort Ampoule

ISNTREE
Spot Saver Mugwort Ampoule

star rating

(167)

favorite

Tea Tree Relief Toner

Iunik
Tea Tree Relief Toner

star rating

(101)

favorite

upvote

comment

36 Comments

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

I feel we should listen 👂🏼 to our skin. That's very important as it communicates 🗣️ with us. I understand your dilemma. In this case, I'd suggest searching online for dupes. If you do find them, do further research for reviews before deciding if you'd like to try the dupes. I hope that helps 💓
upvote

comment

skincarenewbie

Oily/Resilient

it's like taking a gamble tho to find some dupes haha like you'll spend some money and eventually it turns out that the affordable one is not suited for your skin. eventhough you take some research to it.
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I would stick to those products if you really see results even if they are expensive. I feel like it's really hard to find products that make a difference for the appearance and health of your skin. I agree with the comment above that you could find products with similar ingredients that will hopefully be cheaper and will suit your skin as well. Good luck ❤
upvote

comment

skincarenewbie

Oily/Resilient

it's like taking a gamble tho to find some dupes haha like you'll spend some money and eventually it turns out that the affordable one is not suited for your skin. eventhough you take some research to it.
upvote

comment

D

dwsh

Oily/Resilient

I think I would stick to the expensive product and also try to test out other affordable products that I think would work for my skin at the same time!
upvote

comment

skincarenewbie

Oily/Resilient

iit's like taking a gamble tho to find some dupes haha like you'll spend some money and eventually it turns out that the affordable one is not suited for your skin. eventhough you take some research to it.
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Sometimes cheaper products are better than expensive ones. In general, situation is not that clear since in case of sunscreens or retinol - expensive usually means better since both actives as raw material are expensive. Sometimes source with lots of certificates for example if product has organic materials - they also can be more expensive.
upvote

comment

janecarlyn user profile picture

janecarlyn

Oily/Resilient

I tend to stick to products that work for me since my skin may react to any sudden changes in my routine. But if there’s something I’m curious about, I’ll weigh my budget + reviews on the product before purchasing and I try to incorporate them slowly into my routine so my skin doesn’t freak out :)
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!