picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

aryll user profile picture

aryll

Oily/Sensitive

dot201 Views

skin still too oily

I’ve been doing a very basic skincare routine since about April and no matter what I do it’s just leaving my skin oily. I haven’t been as active with my routine lately (bad mental health + severe chronic pain) so just using cleanser for the past month and it’s still too oily. I’m not sure what to do. My skin is generally combination but now it’s extra oily. I also haven’t found a sunscreen or moisturizer that doesn’t just come off or make my skin shinier. It could be a pain reaction idk, getting that condition checked out. Just so confused what to do about it.
Eye Repair Cream

CeraVe
Eye Repair Cream

star rating

(243)

favorite

Deep Green Tea Toner

BENTON
Deep Green Tea Toner

star rating

(433)

favorite

SoonJung 2x Barrier Intensive Cream

ETUDE
SoonJung 2x Barrier Intensive Cream

star rating

(300)

favorite

SoonJung pH 6.5 Whip Cleanser

ETUDE
SoonJung pH 6.5 Whip Cleanser

star rating

(236)

favorite

Enjoy Super Mild Sun Essence SPF50+ PA++++

SCINIC
Enjoy Super Mild Sun Essence SPF50+ PA++++

star rating

(65)

favorite

upvote

comment

22 Comments

hxmesick user profile picture

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

Hi! Have you considered incorporating niacinamide into your skincare routine? There are plenty of products that you can choose from based on availability, price and ingredient list. Purito serums, Tiam, TO, and Iunik are the first that came to mind. As for sunscreens, I also h a t e it when there's oily, shiny and sticky layer on my face, that even using powder can't handle. I personally fell in love with Missha's sunscreen, SPF is high enough, but it might feel a bit drying at the end of the day. Tbh, I was always struggling and trying to reduce the sebum on my face, wanted the normal type of skin we see in the movies, but when depression hit me hard, I just couldn't take care of it as much as before and eventually I just accepted it. I work with other concerns of my skin now, but sebum production is something that has to do with your genes, stress levels, lifestyle, food, etc, and therefore can take too much effort to manage. Sorry for the long comment, but letting my skin be oily whenever it needed to made me more confident in my appearance and reduced me stress, and it might help you too. I hope you feel better soon!❤️
Centella Unscented Serum

PURITO
Centella Unscented Serum

star rating

(921)

favorite

Rose Galactomyces Synergy Serum

Iunik
Rose Galactomyces Synergy Serum

star rating

(69)

favorite

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

The Ordinary
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

star rating

(2467)

favorite

Vita B3 Source

TIAM
Vita B3 Source

star rating

(1201)

favorite

All Around Safe Block Sun Gel SPF50+ PA+++

MISSHA
All Around Safe Block Sun Gel SPF50+ PA+++

star rating

(161)

favorite

upvote

comment

aryll user profile picture

aryll

Oily/Sensitive

thank you so much! I’m so new to skincare it gets overwhelming 😅 I’ll definitely look into these things! thank you!! ♥️
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

I feel you and I’m agree with @hxmesick. I also have lower back pain that I have to manage all the time, pain definitely gives you less good rest, addressing it will be a good way to start. Some products recommendation here, hope it helps. Some blotting paper will sure help with the shine.
Centella Calming Gel Cream

Iunik
Centella Calming Gel Cream

star rating

(1204)

favorite

Green Tea Fresh Toner

ISNTREE
Green Tea Fresh Toner

star rating

(796)

favorite

Professional Sun Block SPF50+ PA++++

Logically, Skin
Professional Sun Block SPF50+ PA++++

star rating

(17)

favorite

upvote

comment

glowlin user profile picture

glowlin

Oily/Resilient

I love all of this product.. Btw my skin is extremely oily too❤️
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

Try incorporating a niacinamide serum to control sebum production and using a lightweight gel-cream moisturiser. I know it's extra hard to commit to a skincare routine when we're tired, sick or simply not in the mood. It's the same with me and it's totally ok. Hope you feel better soon 💖
upvote

comment

Qyara user profile picture

Qyara

Oily/Sensitive

I only use cleanser moisturiser and sunscreen whenever I lazy, buzy, mental breakdown, broken heart and so on. My sunscreen moisture my skin so mostly I skip moisturiser. I choose niacinamide moisturiser to lighten hyperpigmentation and pore care. You can choose any ingredients in your moisturiser to solve your concern or use moisturiser that you already have. For me choose ingredients that can helps me solve all my concern is the best, and can use AM and PM. I will apply a lot amount of moisturiser to my skin when I feel too dry and oily. Because our skin will produce a lot of sebum to keep hydrating. Apply after cleanser. You can use toner using cotton pad to remove excess oil. 2-3 times a week enough for me because cotton pad can scarring pores. To get less sebum production will take time. For me, around 6-8 weeks with my laziness mood. Hope you will get better soon
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!