picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

parrist user profile picture

parrist

Dry/Sensitive

dot34 Views

Niacinamide Newbie

Hey guys! Today I used my Niacinamide Serum for the first time (successfully, the actual first time it pilled so i just washed it off). It did sting a little, is this normal? I mean it wasn’t terrible and it didn’t last long. I also mixed it with my HA serum to avoid layering & it pilling again. This worked perfectly Any suggestions or advice on using this ingredient? I plan on using it in the AM on M, W & F as it is the 10% version & I don’t want to irritate my skin. Products mentioned:
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

The Ordinary
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

star rating

(2467)

favorite

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

The Ordinary
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

star rating

(1010)

favorite

upvote

comment

1 Comment

hashiskincare user profile picture

hashiskincare

Dry/Sensitive

So... I can't stress this enough: while Niacinamide is a great active and can be used for many purposes this TO Niacinamide + zink is formulated to help wirt an overactive sebum production and active breakouts. So, this product is designed to dry out your skin and tackle pimples. Therefore the Zink and the percentage of Niacinamide is also very high. Many buy it when they hear about Niacinamide's great properties without being aware of the product's purpose. The product is great for those it's designed to help. You have super oily skin, it will probably be awesome. Have you dry skin? Disaster coming!! It says in your profile that you have dry skin. If it's true I will stop using the TO niacinamide and find another one suitable your skin needs
upvote

comment

curlyemily user profile picture

curlyemily

Oily/Resilient

My t-zone is oily and this serum is great for my skin. also it feels surprisingly hydrating when I apply it
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!