picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

S

skinwithdee

Oily/Resilient

dot74 Views

cotton pads

hi pickies! i like to use cotton pads with my exfoliating toners and also with my hydrating toners to do toner sheet masks. however i don’t like the waste that get created from these. i’ve looked for reusable cotton rounds but the only ones i’ve found have been thicker ones meant for makeup remover, and they don’t seem to be able to serve the purpose i want them for. do you have any suggestions of either reusable cotton pads or maybe more eco friendly ones like biodegradable disposable cotton pads? links/brand names are highly appreciated ☺️ thank you all!
upvote

comment

4 Comments

irisskin user profile picture

irisskin

Dry/Resilient

hi! I honestly just bought my reusable pads from Amazon and they seem to work fine for me. they definitely absorb more than a regular cotton pad and aren't as soft but definitely more eci friendly. I would also be careful when purchasing products that state they are biodegradable. all products, including plastics are technically biodegradable and can claim that they are. the downside to all biodegradable products is that when they do biodegrade they have the potential of leaving harmful metals and micro plastics behind. look for things that are compostable instead. these products don't leave any harmful waste behind once the biodegrade 😊
upvote

comment

S

skinwithdee

Oily/Resilient

ohhh that’s really helpful, thank you!!
upvote

comment

lady24k user profile picture

lady24k

Oily/Resilient

I get your point mate🤣 it's really a concern, I always try my best to support recycling but at this point I have no idea
upvote

comment

S

skinwithdee

Oily/Resilient

exactly! i might just end up not using cotton pads at all and see how i like it because i feel so bad wasting so much cotton every day
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Would you consider omitting cotton pads altogether? 😅 I use my hands to pat in the toners, whether hydrating or exfoliating ones. I find that products aren't "used" by the pads, rather fully by me. ☺️
upvote

comment

S

skinwithdee

Oily/Resilient

i would omit them but especially with the hydrating toners i find my skin feels really supple and healthy after doing toner masks with the cotton pads and i don’t necessarily want to omit that step altogether
upvote

comment

Apinkflakes user profile picture

Apinkflakes

Oily/Resilient

I use cotton pad when using miccellar water and exfoliate toner but I doesnt use it when apply hydrating toner because i felt it a waste . anyway I make a video about makeup and skincare. If you are willing, please click this link https://youtube.com/channel/UCiP4vu2ibxjtW3h1CFq_xKQ
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!