picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

herpuppi user profile picture

herpuppi

Dry/Sensitive

dot91 Views

Breakouts.

I’ve been breaking out pretty bad. But I will be honest and admit that my diet lately has consisted of fatty foods like burgers, fries, fast food, and a lot of pop. If I cut these things and do my best to drink water and green tea, and swap out the fatty foods with fruits and other things, will my breakout calm down? The breakouts are happening around my chin, jawline, & upper cheeks. I will also admit that I ran out of my spf and haven’t been moisturizing since I’ve been looking for a new one. I feel like once I get my spf back, a moisturizer, & start drinking more water significantly I should be alright.
upvote

comment

6 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Diet quality and hydration level can strongly influence our overall health, including out skin's. If on top of that you haven't been moisturizing your face properly it is very likely that it contributed to your recent breakouts as well. Improving your diet and hydration, as well as moisturizing your skin properly sounds like an excellent plan to me 😊 Good luck! 🥰
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I think you know exactly what you need to do and that's a good start! Get back into the routine and let your skin and hormones re-adjust. We all slip up, lose the motivation or simply get too busy sometimes and get into bad habbits! 🤭
upvote

comment

almondbutter user profile picture

almondbutter

Oily/Sensitive

I read that our diet definitely affects the condition of our skin so starting with a better lifestyle choice and regularly doing your skincare routine will help. if you forget to drink water maybe fill up a bottle and bring it with you, cut down sugar and processed foods. coffee once a day helped me heal from breakouts bc I love my iced lattes. and don’t forget to cleanse your skin before bedtime and use SPF daily. the rest is to be consistent and patient ❤️
upvote

comment

wyatt user profile picture

wyatt

Dry/Sensitive

don’t forget dairy. dairy may also cause breakouts
upvote

comment

skyblossom user profile picture

skyblossom

Oily/Resilient

I agree I think once you get back on a consistent skincare routine, cut out some of the fatty foods and add plenty of water to your diet your skin will start to clear up with no problem 😉
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!