picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

wyatt user profile picture

wyatt

Dry/Sensitive

dot107 Views

double cleanse?

I don’t wear sunscreen and makeup. Do I need to double cleanse my face before continuing with my routine? Does it give better absorption to toner serum and moisturiser? Please help 🥺
upvote

comment

12 Comments

Epicskin user profile picture

Epicskin

Oily/Resilient

dear why are you not wearing any sunscreen 😭😭😭😭😭 for your question double cleansing always is a must if you wear sunscreen and make up. so if you are not, double cleansing can be a choice for you not a necessity. but dear please wear sunscreen 😭😭 not only it prevents skin cancer it also helps in brightening skin pigmentation 😊😢😢
upvote

comment

wyatt

Dry/Sensitive

I… the sunscreen I have leaves white cast and I don’t go outdoors anymore … so no sunscreen for me? 😂 I’ll try using one 🤭🤭. I can feel your frustration in your words 😂
upvote

comment

destinationglass user profile picture

destinationglass

Dry/Resilient

Well, enough people have lovingly encouraged you to wear sunscreen 🤣🤣 Double cleansing is recommended because it also helps break up and remove the sebum and natural oils that your skin produces. I notice that you have a sensitive skin type, so I would definitely recommend double cleansing for you to make sure you get all the oils and old product off of your face as your skin might be more prone to irritation than more resilient skin types ::hugs::
upvote

comment

Z

zoozoo

Dry/Sensitive

it’s not necessary to double cleanse if not wearing sunscreen or makeup,just a cleanser is enough to cleanse off skincare product,i don’t think DC makes product absorbed better (i think this is Exfoliator works not double cleanse),but if you want to more deep cleanse to feel more clean you can do double cleanse (can be everyday or just few times a week)
upvote

comment

wyatt

Dry/Sensitive

I’m worried I would over exfoliate and under exfoliate my skin 🤦🏻‍♀️. how often should I exfoliate?
upvote

comment

glowyanddewy user profile picture

glowyanddewy

Oily/Sensitive

I think the answer is no, you don’t need to double cleanse. If you are wearing spf and makeup, it would be preferred so it removes everything. I don’t think it helps with product absorption or anything. I read your other comment and I don’t think you have to wear spf if you don’t go out. But it would be nice to have a spf that you enjoy wearing, since yours has a white cast. Here is one I recommend for dry/sensitive skin!
UV Super Moisture Milk SPF 50+ PA++++

SKIN AQUA
UV Super Moisture Milk SPF 50+ PA++++

star rating

(81)

favorite

upvote

comment

wyatt

Dry/Sensitive

thanks you! I’ll try using one
upvote

comment

E

emixox

Oily/Sensitive

no I think not but i think you should start wearing sunscreen
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!