Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

KayeCyyy user profile picture
picky squad user badge

KayeCyyy

Dry/Sensitive

dot205 Views

Face rash

Hello everybody, when do you decide if a product doesn't really work for you? I recently had my hands on a propolis ampoule, I've used an ampoule with propolis as an ingredient before from a different brand and I'm using a propolis essence from the same line as the ampoule I recently got. I patch tested and there were no irritations or redness on my neck and arms where I tested. But when I incorporated the propolis ampoule on my night routine, my face got a bit red and warm. So I stopped using it and wondered that maybe it doesn't work well with the other products on my routine. The warmth and redness was gone after less than an hour, but the next morning I saw that my skin got a bit textured and developed some rash, around the mouth, on my U-line and forehead, so basically almost everywhere. I really wanted it to work so I decided to use it again after 3 days, the rash was still there btw, I just cleansed, used the ampoule and applied moisturizer, again my face got red and the rash became more visible. So I guess this is a clear sign that the product doesn't suit my skin right? P.S. can you recommend a product that can help with the rash or how long will I have this on my face? Thank you ❤️
upvote

comment

3 Comments

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

So sorry you’re having a bad reaction 😣 It really does sound like it just doesn’t work for your skin! I’d suggest taking a break from active ingredients in the meantime and just using extra gentle skincare (ceramides are your friend!) while your skin heals. Hopefully it heals quickly! 💕
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

KayeCyyy

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you I sure hope so, I've started again using my illiyoon ceramide cream.
upvote

comment

SkincareNerd user profile picture

SkincareNerd

Oily/Resilient

it may not be propolis itself. It can be something else in that product that might be irritating your skin. Skip actives for a while. Use other hydrating products and moisturizers. It won’t take long to disappear
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

KayeCyyy

Dry/Sensitive

That's what I thought, it can't be just propolis as I'ved used products with propolis before. Thank you, went back to my cleanse-moisturize-spf routine.
upvote

comment

nourannoure user profile picture

nourannoure

Oily/Sensitive

Use centella asiatica and ceramides to help your skin. And stop using this product clearly either it doesn't suit you or it doesn't go well with the other products on your routine.
Cica Sleeping Mask

Laneige
Cica Sleeping Mask

star rating

(323)

favorite

Dermide Cica Barrier Sleeping Pack

PURITO
Dermide Cica Barrier Sleeping Pack

star rating

(122)

favorite

Centella Unscented Recovery Cream

PURITO
Centella Unscented Recovery Cream

star rating

(180)

favorite

Madagascar Centella Ampoule

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Ampoule

star rating

(3896)

favorite

upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

KayeCyyy

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you, I'm on it 😊 I just added the skin1004 on my routine, I'm slowly adding back other products as I am on a strictly cleansing-moisturizing-spf routine the past few week.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!