picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

IcaBeauty user profile picture

IcaBeauty

Dry/Resilient

dot81 Views

Types of Moisturizers

Hi everyone, today I bring a post I have worked on this week, a brief explanation on moisturizers and its importance for our skin. The importance of moisturizing our skin goes beyond aesthetics reasons, they help maintaining our skin barrier healthy by protecting the tissues under the stratum corneum layer from desiccation, infection, mechanical stress and chemical irritation. Moisturizers can also be anti-inflammatory, antipuritic, antimitotic and wound healing, depending on the type of moisturizers. There are three different types of moisturizers: humectants, emollients and occlusives. Humectants are hygroscopic substances that help the stratum corneum to absorb water by attracting water from a humid environment into the dermis, they pull water into the skin. ⭐ Ingredients: • Aloe Vera • Hyaluronic Acid • Glycerin • Panthenol • Polyglutamic Acid • Honey • Sorbitol • Urea Emollients are mostly made of lipids that fill intercorneocyte cluster gaps to improve and enhance skin hydration, smoothness, softness and flexibility. Helps to restore skin barrier. ⭐ Ingredients: • Ceramide • Rosehip oil • Colloidal oatmeal • Shea butter • Isopropyl Palmitate Occlusives are mostly oil based and serve the function of maintaining skin’s water content by creating a hydrophobic barrier over the skin and blocking transpidermal water loss. It traps moisture on the skin. ⭐ Ingredients: • Petroleum Jelly • Papaw Ointment • Mineral Oil • Beeswax • Silicone • Lanolin • Dimethicone Every skin type benefits from moisturizers when used according to one’s skin needs. This was a brief explanation on the different types of moisturizers, more detailed and advanced biomedical literature is available online if this is a topic you would like to research further. I hope you have enjoyed this post. 🥰
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

8 Comments

SskinN user profile picture

SskinN

Oily/Sensitive

wow, very informative! bookmarked your post, thanks for sharing 😍
upvote

comment

IcaBeauty user profile picture

IcaBeauty

Dry/Resilient

thank you so much 🥰
upvote

comment

Rosesarered45 user profile picture

Rosesarered45

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for this 💕
upvote

comment

SkincareNerd user profile picture

SkincareNerd

Oily/Resilient

This post needs so much more love ❤️ It’s basically key to all the information about the moisturizers. keep posting. I followed you for more posts
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

Bookmarked 😊 Thank you for the nice summary and examples 🥰
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!