picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

H

hannes0512

Dry/Sensitive

dot61 Views

CERAVE HYDRATING CLEANSER

Ok, so I have a big problem and I’d be really really thankful if someone could help me. I have very sensitive and dry skin with teenager acne and basically everything irritates me. Having said that, I use the CeraVe hydrating cleanser for a while and at first I thought it was great but now I started to see some irritation and drying effects. Can someone recommend good hydrating non irritating/stripping alternatives ? That would be great :)
upvote

comment

5 Comments

ZYuli user profile picture

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

i hope this helps!
Toleraine Hydrating Gentle Cleanser

La Roche-Posay
Toleraine Hydrating Gentle Cleanser

star rating

(36)

favorite

Gentle Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin

Vanicream
Gentle Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin

star rating

(113)

favorite

Calm + Restore Oat Gel Facial Cleanser

Aveeno
Calm + Restore Oat Gel Facial Cleanser

star rating

(122)

favorite

upvote

comment

H

hannes0512

Dry/Sensitive

thank you very much :))
upvote

comment

dishes user profile picture

dishes

Dry/Sensitive

I had the same problems with the CeraVe cleansers. They dried and irritated my skin around my nostrils and in the corner of my mouth. I tried Purito's gentle cleanser and so far I am very satisfied with it. 🥰🥰
L

Lys08

Oily/Resilient

My skin tends to become irritated whenever I wash it. I found what makes the biggest difference for me is 1) using lukewarm/cool water 2) keeping it to under a minute, no lingering 3) using only my fingertips/no brush or washcloth and above all 4) being very gentle! That sounds silly when I put it like that but I have acne and congested skin and it’s very tempting to “scrub” at my skin like I can clean all the problems away. If I don’t pay attention when washing my face I’ll reflexively start rubbing vigorously over problem areas or I’ll start going over and over the same areas like they’re not clean enough, and then ... redness/dryness/irritation, no matter how gentle the cleanser. If I avoid scrubbing/hot water, then this cleanser never irritates my skin.

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!