Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

HIBeauty user profile picture
picky squad user badge

HIBeauty

Dry/Sensitive

dot112 Views

Collagen in your skincare and supplements

Hi Beauties, Did you know that usually brands use Collagen sourced by cattle and sometimes fish? Very often the advertisements are about to how amazing products are but they won't tell you where did the ingredients came from. Of course there are vegan sources like seaweed but if it's not mentioned very likely you won't be happy to find the source. So if your beliefs or chosen lifestyle require vegan or non bovine source, I suggest you research before purchasing something
upvote

comment

20 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

That's true however more importantly collagen as an ingredient doesn't really do anything in skincare or supplements
upvote

comment

HIBeauty user profile picture
picky squad user badge

HIBeauty

Dry/Sensitive

True, but it is very popular for the all wrong reasons so I think if someone's buying a product, they should know another catch 🪝
upvote

comment

Chingy user profile picture

Chingy

Oily/Sensitive

Our body produce collagen , so eating right food helps boost collagen production. I used to wonder if using collagen supplements will help my skin, I talked to a lot of people who use collagen and they have different feedback, some said its amazing for the skin and most of them said its just a waste of money (so i never tried🤣). there are different tyoes of collagen so if a persons concern is about the joints then maybe it will help, but for skin i have doubts. ❤
upvote

comment

jenni21 user profile picture

jenni21

Dry/Resilient

this is good information
upvote

comment

Ptreadaway user profile picture

Ptreadaway

Dry/Resilient

good to know, thank you.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!