picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Routine Help

heyitsnanah user profile picture

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

dot177 Views

Vitamin C at night

I'll soon be receiving the TIAM My Signature C Source and have to write a review about it by the start of December. The problem is that I read it has an extremely high concentration of Vitamin C (20%) and oxidizes really fast if not kept properly. As someone who has barely used pure vitamin C and have yet to find a sunscreen that does not break me out, I'm contemplating if I should just apply it at night to avoid sun exposure and damaging my skin with it ๐Ÿ˜ญ (I have stubborn acne scars and wanted to get rid of it, I wanted to try the Klairs Freshly Juiced one first but it's so pricey that my parents will have my head if I bought it and it didn't even do anything for me ๐Ÿค•) Is it advisable to just apply vit C at night? Also, for those that are experienced in using Vitamin C, any tips for a beginner?
My Signature C Source

TIAM
My Signature C Source

star rating

(100)

favorite

upvote

comment

15 Comments

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Oh my! Beginning with a vitamin C serum of 20% concentration is mighty strong for someone with sensitive skin!! If you absolutely have to use this serum, I suggest a drop, not dropper full (!!) every night & follow up with a soothing moisturizer. Begin with using the serum twice a week for 2 weeks & then increase to thrice weekly for another 2 weeks. Better to go at it slowly than risk damaging your skin barrier. ๐Ÿ’“
upvote

comment

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you so much for replying!! ๐Ÿ’“ I plan to just apply it on small areas with a lot of scars just to see its effectiveness so one drop will really be enough :> I'm just afraid of using it to slow that it will oxidize fast before I even get halfway๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ I've read that it usually only lasts a month or so for some people, if it's only a few drops I don't want to waste the rest๐Ÿ˜ข
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

You can stay off at night and once your skin tolerates, switch to AM use. Vitamin C is best used for its antioxidant, collagen boosting, photoprotective effects in the day
upvote

comment

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

thank you for this! I plan to switch to AM once my skin got used to it already and I have the proper sunscreen for protections :)
upvote

comment

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Dry/Resilient

You could always start with 1 or 2 drops combined in your toner so that way it's "watered down" until you build up tolerance. 20% is too high for starting out.
upvote

comment

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

oooh I didn't think of that ๐Ÿค” but my toner is a spray type, will I just layer it while my face is still wet with the toner?
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

It's ok to use it only in the pm routine. But as others said, the concentration is high, so I'd recommend mixing it with a toner or a hydrating serum. It will oxidize very fast. I don't think you will be able to finish the bottle before it's oxidized, so you can share it with someone in your family.
upvote

comment

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

I didn't think of that ๐Ÿ˜ฎ but no one in my family has ever used vitamin C either :( thanks for the suggestion tho! i'll try to influence my little brother to get into skincare as well ๐Ÿ˜‚
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!