picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Skin Concern

KimmyKhadija user profile picture

KimmyKhadija

Oily/Sensitive

dot217 Views

Face Shaving: πŸ‘ or πŸ‘Ž

Hello everyone! It's been some time that I've been gone from Picky and I just wanted to know your thoughts and opinions about shaving your face/Dermaplaning. From what I know it has a lot of mixed reviews which is why I am contemplating whether to do it or not. For example some people said that it's better to oil the face before doing it while others state it should be done on dry skin. Or it gave small bumps/irritation and etc. For background: I have been on tretinoin for probably 8-9 months and I've been noticing no improvements these days. Also if I use anything tinted in my face I would notice it would settle into dry patches and some peeling skin no matter how much I try to prep or exfoliate. My current skincare routine is 1. Lohacell Save Me Cream Foam Cleanser 2. Lohacell 5.5 Starter Treatment with AHA, BHA, PHA (it is very runny and is like a toner, I only use it 1x-2x a week) 3. Cosrx Snail Mucin Essence 4. Tretinoin 1% (2x-3x a week) 5. Azelaic acid 10% 6.Altruist Urea Dry Skin Repair Cream 7. Nuderm Sunscreen 8. Missha BB cream Skin Type: Sensitive, oily , acne prone I posted pictures of my before tretinoin skin along with my current with/without a skin tint. Thank you in advance
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

11 Comments

nadianatasyaah user profile picture

nadianatasyaah

Oily/Resilient

I think face shaving has risk of irritation unless it is done by dermatologist. Hmm i'm interested by i won't do it at home
upvote

comment

punkypeony user profile picture

punkypeony

Oily/Resilient

I don’t because I feel chemical exfoliating is already doing that job. I also use a muslin cloth when cleansing so already have some mechanical exfoliation too.
upvote

comment

lady24k user profile picture

lady24k

Oily/Resilient

ohno I definitely have to stop face shavingπŸ˜– thanks for sharing this out
upvote

comment

KimmyKhadija user profile picture

KimmyKhadija

Oily/Sensitive

Hi there! Sorry for the confusion, I meant I still haven't done it, I'm asking if it's recommended and how do you do it if it's okay, due to the amount of mixed reaction from experts and other skincare junkies. The pictures I posted are my skin before I did my tretinoin and my current skin with and without the skin tint. As I thought I should have better skin before I even dare doing such (Dermaplaning) Continue doing it if it fits you! And if it is working well for you please share some tips! 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!