picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

A

AsISeeIt

Dry/Resilient

dot72 Views

SPF

All year or just summer? (Uk here). What strength? How do you get a tan if strong strength? I wear 50 in summer (about 3 weeks per year) that’s all though.
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

SPF 50 all year long ! I get tanned easy. Snow reflects UV in the winter, summer only is not enough.
upvote

comment

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

At least 30 on your face all year round! Even when mostly indoors, too, since sunlight reflects and comes in windows - plus some research suggests mineral sunscreens help block blue light from screens on devices that speed up signs of aging 😦 Hopefully no tanning, just healthy skin
upvote

comment

yeyimquinn user profile picture

yeyimquinn

Oily/Sensitive

all year, even if you're just hiding in your house. UV is present ALL THE TIME, and they can go through windows to reach inside your house. those are great deals of UV so don't underestimate it. even if you can't see the sun, remember that UV aren't visible - so UV would still be there even if you can barely see sunlight. if i need to be out in the summer for the whole day, i'll try to use spf50 broad spectrum and reapply 2-3 times. if i just stay inside or hardly ever go out when there's sunlight, or if it's in the winter, i'll apply it once a day and that should be good enough. or you can also use spf30 for when you're inside. but please be sure to use sunscreen cuz it's the most important step of skincare. healthy tan is sexy but sunburned, hyperpigmentation, sun-damaged aging tan is not. you can still get tan with sunscreen on, but it's gonna be a healthier tan and not damage your skin or fasten aging rate (it'll take longer to achieve the tan you want but think about your health first). you can also use products to boost tanning (i'm not an expert in this field, but you can go on youtube and watch videos about tanning process of some beauty blogger, all of them use sunscreen)
upvote

comment

farahaszar user profile picture

farahaszar

Dry/Resilient

I use it all year my country had all year summer ☀️ 😅
upvote

comment

daisygirl user profile picture

daisygirl

Dry/Sensitive

I use SPF 50 all year long even in winter when it's cloudy and cold. It's very important to use sun protection, not only because it's preventing foto-againg but also because some ingredients (AHAs, BHAs or retinol) make your skin hypersensitive towards the sun. So if you don't sun protect your skin afterwards, the results of these ingredients won't be rewarding. I never really get tanned to be honest, my skin always only gets sunburn if I don't use enough protection. But I also don't have the need to tan my skin, I just love my skin tone how it is!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!