picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

chrispie user profile picture

chrispie

Dry/Resilient

dot202 Views

Best Tips to Stop Pilling!?!

When skincare pills it forms tiny balls that sit on top of you skin - aka nothing gets absorbed and personally I feel like I need to start over!! So frustrating! It happens when your products don’t like each other or are applied too quickly and often happens with makeup on top of skincare… I’d love to know the best tips to stop this from happening from the lovely Picky community? This happens all to often with my sunscreens… and primers and makeup on top of that. I am usually in a rush but there most be some way to tell which products won’t go together and stop this problem!!
upvote

comment

18 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I agree that waiting a couple minutes between each product helps. Unfortunately some products will just pill no matter what. I would say it's about trials and errors to find products that work well with your particular sunscreen and makeup, and vice versa. I recently started a new hydrating toner and it works so much better when compared to my previous one that was making everything pill! I hope this helps 😊
upvote

comment

Vlora user profile picture

Vlora

Oily/Sensitive

which toner are you using rn ? 🙈
upvote

comment

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

I have always seen someone shares this tip to avoid those tiny balls, basically the tip is not to rub/swipe it on your skin, instead pad it in for the skincare until it is fully absorbed.
upvote

comment

destinationglass user profile picture

destinationglass

Dry/Resilient

A lot of the serums from the Ordinary that I have been trying have an oily texture and cause pilling :( I find that serums with a more watery texture sink into the skin and so work better with everything.
upvote

comment

Teleahk user profile picture

Teleahk

Dry/Resilient

I had to cut out moisturisers containing silicone because everything pilled. thicker hyaluronic acids also cause pilling for me.
upvote

comment

destinationglass user profile picture

destinationglass

Dry/Resilient

Totally agree! Silicone products always create this sheen/film that nothing gets through so this makes sense!
upvote

comment

dewydisposition user profile picture

dewydisposition

Oily/Resilient

giving some time between layering the skincare products help a lot. this works the best for me.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!