picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

SWhetstone user profile picture

SWhetstone

Oily/Resilient

dot92 Views

Affordable skin care routine

I’m having a hard time with finding the right skin care regimen for a while now and I’m already using these products. I have oily skin so are these good skincare products to use? I’m needing a new cleanser and moisturizer. Am I missing anything that I need to be using?
Skin Balancing Clay Facial Cleanser for Oily Skin

Neutrogena
Skin Balancing Clay Facial Cleanser for Oily Skin

star rating

(11)

favorite

Revitalift Derm Intensives Hyaluronic Acid plus Eye Serum (Hyaluronic Acid + Caffeine)

L'Oreal Paris
Revitalift Derm Intensives Hyaluronic Acid plus Eye Serum (Hyaluronic Acid + Caffeine)

star rating

(35)

favorite

Revitalift Retinol + Niacinamide Pressed Night Cream

L'Oreal Paris
Revitalift Retinol + Niacinamide Pressed Night Cream

star rating

(12)

favorite

upvote

comment

10 Comments

skinbyren user profile picture

skinbyren

Dry/Resilient

you can try these. it's affordable and their ingredients are also gentle on the skin
Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser

Neutrogena
Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser

star rating

(342)

favorite

Foaming Face Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin

CeraVe
Foaming Face Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin

star rating

(41)

favorite

Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion

COSRX
Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion

star rating

(318)

favorite

Matcha Hydrating Foam Cleanser

B_LAB
Matcha Hydrating Foam Cleanser

star rating

(293)

favorite

upvote

comment

SWhetstone

Oily/Resilient

thank you, I’ve heard that the Hydro Boost Water Gel works great
upvote

comment

natepd user profile picture

natepd

Dry/Resilient

Hi. I don’t think that cleanser is a good idea. it’s probably too drying and will dehydrate your oily skin. i would recommend the cerave one. as for a cream… I’m not sure what your concerns are but I’d recommend something gel based like the clinique one.
Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

Clinique
Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

star rating

(195)

favorite

Foaming Facial Cleanser

CeraVe
Foaming Facial Cleanser

star rating

(1000)

favorite

upvote

comment

SWhetstone

Oily/Resilient

what about the other products I’m currently using? are those good to use still? I actually have the Clinique Moisture Surge Cream already that I purchased and yet to use.
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Your eye serum and night cream look good - what moisturiser do you use for AM? I agree with the above comment regarding the cleanser though - I'd go with a gentle cleanser and if you want to use clay to get rid off excess oil, just buy a simple clay mask and use that once a week on oily areas. I wouldn't recommend anything from Clinique though - their products destroyed my skin. And I think you should stick to a richer moisturiser at night time because it's a good time to give your skin a 'drink'. Gel ones are better for day time and they're often not moisturising enough in the colder months of the year, that can lead to more sebum production.
Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash

Simple
Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash

star rating

(253)

favorite

Kaolin Mask

The Inkey List
Kaolin Mask

star rating

(41)

favorite

upvote

comment

SWhetstone

Oily/Resilient

thank you I have the simple kind to skin wash already too so I’ll start using this one instead of the neutrogena one
upvote

comment

SWhetstone

Oily/Resilient

what about this product? is it a good serum to use or do I stay with what I’m using now?
upvote

comment

natepd user profile picture

natepd

Dry/Resilient

the one you added is an eye serum. this one is a facial serum. you can use both. there’s no issue with your other products unless you find them too heavy, dense or oily.
upvote

comment

SWhetstone

Oily/Resilient

thank you so much and I have just one more question? what order do I apply them in? cleanser, eye serum, facial serum and moisturizer? when do I apply the L’Oréal retinal? also do I do all these morning and night or which ones do I use for each routine? I’m new to this and I’m clueless so I really appreciate you helping me
upvote

comment

I

icewine45

Oily/Resilient

Start your routine with cleanser, then eye serum and eye cream/eye gel, facial serum, moisturizer. retinol can only be applied at night time. you incorporated it in the form of cream, then that will be your last step for PM. in the morning after moisturizer please don’t forget to apply sunscreen as the last step and reapply sunscreen as needed throughout the day.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!