Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

drcrystallee user profile picture
experts user badge

drcrystallee

Oily/Sensitive

dot565 Views

Onion Extract

Have you ever tried any skincare products that contain Onion 🧅 Extracts? Onion extracts may be a new kid in the block in the skincare industry but its benefits aren't newly discovered! It is most widely used as an adjunct treatment for hypertrophic/keloid scars in the form of topical gel - MediScar. Onions are packed with a myriad of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and sulphur compounds. There are many research papers studying the efficacy of onion extracts but these were not exclusive to skincare and its efficacy on the skin or skin disorders (i.e. acne). Studies on its efficacy in promoting hair growth are also limited. However, I think onion extracts have great potential and will definitely become more popular as an active skincare ingredient. ✅ Improves scars ✅ Potent antioxidant ✅ Improves acne ✅ Antimicrobial ✅ Promotes hair growth Thank you @go.picky and @isntree for sending me the loveliest PR package. I have not come across many skincare products that contain onion extracts but I have definitely been blown away by this range of skincare! Before you ask, no, they don't smell like onions; they don't have any pungent scent and are all fragrance-free 😉
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

84 Comments

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Oh woww! I didn't know that onions were used as treatment for hypertrophic/keloid scars in the form of topical gel! I've only known onions are good for our health & that's why they play a big part in Asian cooking! Thank you for sharing so much more about onions, Dr Lee ❣️
upvote

comment

experts user badge

drcrystallee

Oily/Sensitive

It’s so interesting to see onion extracts being incorporated into skincare products! I love how it’s unexpectedly scentless and not pungent at all!
upvote

comment

iJAYi user profile picture

iJAYi

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for this informative post! I really hope there’ll be more studies to prove onion’s efficiency on acne and acne scars 🥺✋🏻
upvote

comment

experts user badge

drcrystallee

Oily/Sensitive

I am sure there will more studies on the efficacy of onion extracts in skincare!
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

Yes, this set is amazing! 🥰 I love all of the products. 😊 Thank you for the additional information on onions! 🧅
upvote

comment

experts user badge

drcrystallee

Oily/Sensitive

I’m glad you’re enjoying your set too!! I’m blown away by the formulation 🤯
upvote

comment

Skincareezka user profile picture

Skincareezka

Oily/Resilient

thanks for sharing this great information😍
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!