picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus āž•

Ingredients

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

dot240 Views

[Ingredient Highlight] AHA pt. 2

Hello, welcome to part 2 :) I want to introduce you some AHAs. When we're thinking about AHAs we know the 'exfoliation' AHAs but there are some more! šŸ’« Glycolic Acid ā€¢the most common AHA ā€¢one of the most researched AHA ā€¢derived from sugar cane ā€¢small molecule size ā€¢can penetrate in the uppermost layer >exfoliation >highest irritation potential šŸ’« Lactic Acid ā€¢derived from lactose (in milk) ā€¢stimulates ceramide production ā€¢bigger molecule size than Glycolic Acid > slower but same functions >stimulates ceramide flow šŸŒ± Malic Acid ā€¢derived from apples ā€¢bigger molecule size than Glycolic & Lactic Acid ā€¢not that effective as a solo ingredient ( >Can still exfoliate ) >Antioxidant šŸŒ± Tartaric Acid ā€¢derived from grapes ā€¢even bigger size than all of the acids above ( >Can exfoliate ) >but more a maintain the pH range of other AHAs šŸŒ± Citric Acid ā€¢derived from citrus fruits ā€¢can be more irritating because of the lower pH of 2,2 ( >Can exfoliate ) >Antioxidant >Maintain the pH range of our skin šŸ’« Mandelic Acid ā€¢derived from almond extract ā€¢biggest AHA ā€¢most gentle AHA >Improves texture and pore size >Exfoliation however the slowest >less irritation potential The strongest exfoliant: Glycolic Acid > Lactic Acid > Mandelic Acid ā€¢the smaller the molecule size the better and deeper it can penetrate in our skin layer ā€¢however Glycolic Acid is the most irritating AHA and Mandelic Acid the least irritating! ā—If you're a new to AHAs please start with Lactic oder Mandelic Acid and work your way up! Don't start from the highest concentration! ā—Patch test first! And slowly incorporate in your routine! ā—Please wear sunscreen the next day! What is your favourite AHA? I just tried Glycolic and Lactic Acid and I prefer Lactic Acid more!
upvote

comment

20 Comments

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

So informative, thank you šŸ˜Š I like Mandelic acid the best. šŸ™‚ I've also tried Lactic acid. I liked the results, but I couldn't tolerate the smell. šŸ˜£
Mild Skin Exfoliator - 5% Lactic Acid + Hyaluronic Acid

Revolution Beauty
Mild Skin Exfoliator - 5% Lactic Acid + Hyaluronic Acid

star rating

(2)

favorite

Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water

By WISHTREND
Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water

star rating

(260)

favorite

upvote

comment

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

I've never tried Mandelic acud before I just started with Lactic Acid.. But I'm happy that it works for you!
upvote

comment

chelsiapatel user profile picture

chelsiapatel

Dry/Resilient

I love these types of discussions because theyā€™re always so informative but I find they never get a lot of engagement or not a lot of people see them (or at least thatā€™s an issue I have when I post discussions like this!) so just wanted to commented and say great discussion and hopefully lots of people will see this because itā€™s extremely helpful and full of information Iā€™m sure would help many people ā˜ŗļø
upvote

comment

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you so much! Yes I feel you! Sometimes one of my post blow up sometimes they don't. (eg. part 1 no one knows about it hahah) I'm happy that you discovered this post! ā™”ā™”
upvote

comment

Salma user profile picture

Salma

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for this informative post! I have yet to try ahas i've only tried bhas so far
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!