picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Alna user profile picture

Alna

Oily/Sensitive

dot49 Views

Face shaving after care

What after care do you practice after shaving your face ? When do you guys usually shave & how often do you shave ?Will it affect in hair follicle growth? Recommend after care tips and products . Thank you . Wishing you Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays .
upvote

comment

5 Comments

destinationglass user profile picture

destinationglass

Dry/Resilient

For me, not every day. Like every couple of days and then I try to exfoliate the day after and then use LOTS of calming products to prevent ingrowns or anything.
upvote

comment

CaitlynF user profile picture

CaitlynF

Oily/Resilient

You must have resilient skin! Dermaplaning or shaving is a form of physical exfoliation. But I bet it helps your skin stay nice and smooth ❤️
upvote

comment

langerneha user profile picture

langerneha

Oily/Resilient

I have thick hair all over my body including face. I usually prefer threading and waxing as a method to remove my facial hair. But these two can be a bit harsh and painful. And since covid I have switched to facial shaving. I mostly shave once in a week or sometimes once in two weeks (if I’m not going out). The results are okayish. The hair start to grow back in a week. (my hair grows quite fast) But my skin looks glowy just after shaving for about 3-4 days. It doesn’t affect the hair follicle at all. Facial shaving routine : 1. cleanse 2. moisturise 3. I lather aloe Vera gel all over my face and neck. I use aloe gel as shaving gel. 4. Use a good facial razor and use it very gently, hold it 45 degree angle. Or you might cut yourself. 5. after shaving I use a soothing toner preferably with ingredients like Centella, Hyaluronic acid etc. 6. I use a soothing moisture which reduces redness. I prefer moisturiser with Colloidal Oat 7. Avoid chemical peels and acids for about 2-3 days after shaving. I hope it helps :)
upvote

comment

sheyshy user profile picture

sheyshy

Oily/Resilient

my shaving after care routine: -avoid any chemical or physical exfoliater - use toner/essence that have soothing ingredients to calm my skin - use moisturizer that contains Ceramide to repair my skin barrier that might hurt because of shaving
upvote

comment

P

Picky5555

Dry/Sensitive

I like to moisturize! I shave my face occasionally and it doesn’t seem to affect my hair follicle growth!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!