picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Skin Concern

anisonymous user profile picture

anisonymous

Oily/Sensitive

dot317 Views

Should I try retinol?

Hello! I have this concern for awhile, I saw a lot of people swear and recommend to use retinol for better and glowing skin. My skin used to be so bad, you name it, inflamed acne, tiny bumps, I think I've also suffer from fungal acne at some point. Ok but now, my skin has become clearer, only few hyperpigmentation here and there, and I rarely got any breakout anymore which I'm grateful with. Thus I don't want to suffer from any purging caused by retinol. So is it worth it? or should I try other actives instead?
upvote

comment

27 Comments

Biyangkaaa user profile picture

Biyangkaaa

Oily/Resilient

perfect age for retinol is in mid 20s. it is good for minimizing signs of aging and works wonderful on skin like brightening and fading acne scars and pigmentations. its on your skin preference if you are ready enough to take retinols but if your concers are few hyperpigmentations only you can use other actives like niacinamide, vitamin c and other ingredients that focuses on your concerns.
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

In my opinion, if you do not have any skin concerns that retinol is used to treat/prevent, I would not try it. If you just want to try just to experience it, no one will stop you, so if you have sensitive skin start low and slow.
upvote

comment

M

mw

Dry/Resilient

Retinol is useful to brighten and help exfoliate any skin although as you say if you have sensitive skin patch test. i use an inexpensive triple retinol made by Dermelect. I also use a retinoid-- usually tazarotene
upvote

comment

YeehawEli user profile picture

YeehawEli

Oily/Resilient

There are plenty of products that incorporate mild retinols alongside other ingredients that focus on hyperpigmentation! It can also layer with other actives. (Not all, definitely do your research!) Retinols are great for prevention and improving the overall texture of your skin.
upvote

comment

Hollys142 user profile picture
super picky user badge

Hollys142

Dry/Resilient

I highly recommend RETINOL😊💕
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!