picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

indahyuhna user profile picture

indahyuhna

Oily/Sensitive

dot173 Views

FOUNDATION or PRIMER

Hay guys! I have questions for you all, what’s the difference between foundation and primer? I actually use both of them and all good on my skin! Do u prefer foundation or primer? Please give me your recommendations too ! Thankyou and have a warm Christmas 🎄 🎁
upvote

comment

21 Comments

farahaszar user profile picture

farahaszar

Dry/Resilient

foundation has coverage, to even out the skin tone and some has smoothing effect tho not really that high my fave is revlon candid, L’Oréal 24h freshwear foundation, or shiseido i forgot which one but has the same finish as L’Oréal primer don’t have coverage primer use before foundation to even out the complexion (smoothing, pore minimising, mattifying, hydrating or to makes foundation more long lasting ) i dont have any recommendations cause i havent found any good primer yet.. not a type to use primer too
upvote

comment

Practiceforskin user profile picture

Practiceforskin

Dry/Resilient

I don’t use makeup, but primer is supposed to prepare your skin for foundation and help it stay longer. foundation on the other hand is pigmented and supposed to help achieve even skin
upvote

comment

LilacLuna user profile picture
super picky user badge

LilacLuna

Dry/Sensitive

My favorite primer is Hourglass’s mineral veil. It really helps even out my skin texture and prepare my face for foundation. It also has SPF which is nice! I also like the Touch in Sol No Poreblem primer (currently in a picky giveaway!) Sometimes I’ll just wear a primer on my “no makeup” days. The silicone-based ones usually have a nice blurring effect so it improves the look of your skin without having to use something with pigment.
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Agree with @farahaszar's explanation about the difference between the 2!
upvote

comment

sheyshy user profile picture

sheyshy

Oily/Resilient

For me i use sunscreen as my primer because based on my experience there's no primer works for me. do you have any suggestions? 😭
upvote

comment

spruce user profile picture

spruce

Dry/Resilient

try the smashbox Or nyx Marshmellow primer. they work good for me.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!