picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

E

elliebeans

Dry/Resilient

dot50 Views

At what step in your skincare routine do you apply acne spot treatments?

If I apply it after mositurizer, I don’t think it’s as effective, if I apply them before moisturizer, does it get wiped away once I apply the moisturizer? I use Mario Badescu drying lotion to dry them out.
Drying Lotion

Mario Badescu
Drying Lotion

star rating

(114)

favorite

upvote

comment

5 Comments

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

Depends on the consistency 🙂 If I use gel moisturiser, I apply spot treatment after. If the moisturiser is thicker, I apply the treatment first. And if you wait until the spot treatment is absorbed, it won't get wiped away. 😉
upvote

comment

RubyonWings user profile picture

RubyonWings

Dry/Resilient

Right after toner! I tend to let the spot treatment settle for a bit before moving on with the rest of my skincare 💫 But if you're using anything with microneedles, they should be used at the end of your routine.
upvote

comment

ZYuli user profile picture

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

i try to use it after cleansing but i agree, i tend to wipe it away along with serums or moisturizers i use after. another ‘trick’ is to wipe away skincare product on that specific pimple at the end of your routine, followed by applying the spottreatment
upvote

comment

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

I usually apply it at the end of my routine ^^
upvote

comment

pristine user profile picture
picky squad user badge

pristine

Dry/Resilient

i also depends on the textures, if its gel i apply it before moisturiser, if its thick and tends to leave whitecast, i apply after my moist all absorbed and before spf 🔅
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!