picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Routine Help

S

samskin1

Oily/Sensitive

dot223 Views

How crucial is a morning cleanser?

I’ve recently seen skinfluencers say they don’t use a morning cleanser and was wondering the benefits/downsides of this method. If it is crucial, what are some gentle cleansers to not over strip the skin? I have combination oily skin btw :)
upvote

comment

35 Comments

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

Skipping morning cleansing is not something people with oily skin can afford 😄 I tried to do this for a week when everyone kept bragging about it but it was terrible: my skin felt uncomfortable and I started to break out after a few days so I went back to cleansing in the morning. So it's not for everyone. You can try it, but don't force yourself to not use the cleanser if cleansing twice a day works for you better.
upvote

comment

M

msaysahoi

Oily/Sensitive

A lot of people with dry(er) skin like this method because it does not strip the natural sebum away in the mornings. I have combination skin and absolutey do not like this 🙈 However, I do use a very very gentle cleanser in the morning and a 'more cleansing' one in the evening.
Foaming Micellar Cleansing Water

La Roche-Posay
Foaming Micellar Cleansing Water

star rating

(5)

favorite

upvote

comment

S

samskin1

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you! I have combination skin and I think my current morning cleanser is just too stripping so I’ll try out this one!
upvote

comment

MsK user profile picture
super picky user badge

MsK

Oily/Sensitive

My skin is sensitive leaning but it can get very oily if I don't keep it balanced. If I wake oily I'll cleanse - if not then I'll just splash some water on. I think what is important is that you pay attention to the needs of your skin.
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

Those persons who have ultra sensitive skin and are not prone to acne can skin morning cleanser…it’s all about listening to your own skin Combination and oily skin, I’d definitely encourage the use of a morning cleanser because any buildup of oil and dead skin cells is a recipe for breakouts
upvote

comment

sirsphere user profile picture
picky squad user badge

sirsphere

Dry/Resilient

I never skip the morning cleanser. It is important as you want to wash away all the toxins that you’ve sweat out during the night. I have dry skin and hence use a creamier cleanser in the morning.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Neopharm | Realbarrier Extreme Cream event

Picky x Neopharm | Realbarrier Extreme Cream

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 3rd

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!