Skin Concern
author image
picky_squad

sirsphere

Dry/Resilient

30 November, 2022

dot111 Views

Peeling skin on nose

Hi Picky fam, The skin on my nose peels due to the colder weather. It looks really disgusting with make up on as you can see the outline of the scaling skin. I’ve tried to exfoliate but it didn’t really help. Do I need to put a higher hydration or fattier cream on? Thanks everyone!
Ne

Ne

10 Comments
author image

assejmarie

Oily/Sensitive

30 November, 2022

i hope you're okay
Ne

Ne

Comment

author image
picky_squad

Avrelayne

Oily/Resilient

30 November, 2022

Definitely higher hydration and heavier cream like hyaluronic acid serums and snail creams
author image
picky_squad

bunsdesk

Oily/Sensitive

30 November, 2022

I agree with using the COSRX snail cream!!!
Ne
Ne

Comment

author image
picky_squad

Negin

Dry/Resilient

30 November, 2022

You can do both just be mindful that humectants go on damp skin and need a good occlusive cream on top to seal in the moisture. Otherwise you’ll get even drier skin. Also you can use a face oil on top of your moisturizer.
Ne

Ne

Comment

author image
picky_squad

myru

Oily/Resilient

30 November, 2022

Look for products rich in emollients (fatty acids, oils, ceramides) and consider slugging with petroleum at night.
author image
super_picky

halleysburrow

Dry/Sensitive

30 November, 2022

Best not to over exfoliate and focus on fixing your skin barrier. I find this product to be amazing for dry skin
author image
picky_squad

Robynrose

Dry/Sensitive

30 November, 2022

are you using any retinol products? if the weather is very extreme, you may want to reduce active ingredients to avoid skin damage. I load up with extra ceramide creams when going outside. I also wear natural Fibre scarves to protect my face if it is very windy. look for 100% wool or silk, as they will last a long time and help your skin stay moist in cold, dry weather. the temperature here in Canafa has been in the negatives all week and you can just feel the dryness!
Ne

Ne

Comment

author image
picky_squad

sirsphere

Dry/Resilient

1 December, 2022

Thanks, that helped a lot!!!
Ne
Ne

Comment

author image
picky_squad

MMtrynew

Oily/Resilient

30 November, 2022

Vaseline is good.
VaselineVaseline
Ne

Ne

Comment

author image

Lupitalupita

Dry/Resilient

30 November, 2022

more hydration will help like more oil in it
Ne
Ne

Comment

M
picky_squad

Miminii

Dry/Sensitive

1 December, 2022

If it's the nose area, you should be careful with the thick cream you will use. You can maybe try using first your regular moisturizer on your face and then use another cream (hydrating and moisturizing) on your nose only and see if it works. Also, you can switch to a more hydrating and gentle cleanser for your face. Hope it helps!
author image

indrih

Oily/Resilient

1 December, 2022

More hydrating
Ne
Ne

Comment

Picky App

It's time to get Picky

Picky’s skincare library includes 50,000 products, with filtering capabilities including acne-care and brightening, as well as vegan and cruelty-free tags.

Discover the best skincare products. Meet new skincare BFFs and mentors. #GetPicky.

Apple appstore
playStore