Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Routine Help

V
super picky user badge

vanicream

Oily/Sensitive

dot69 Views

Getting grits out

This has got to be the most satisfying part of oil cleansing. Sometimes I oil cleanser for 30 min watching a TV show or YouTube, focusing on my nose and cheeks where I am prone to sebaceous filaments. This is my definition of self care and unwinding at the end of the day. The massaging brings blood flow and improves circulation. But the most satisfying thing is when the tiny white oil plugs come out, and I "collect" them on the back of the hand. After rinsing the oil cleanser off and doing a second cleanse, the skin feels unbelievably clean. Also I don't really have proof, but I think regularly using an exfoliant like salicylic acid helps the grits come out more easily. Maybe I'm an oily person, but I feel like my pores refill really fast and the next day I will have more grits to extract. But I feel it really makes a difference to do this maintainence because sometimes if I don't oil cleanse for a week like during vacation, the next time I oil cleanse there are tons of sebaceous filaments.
upvote

comment

8 Comments

addictedtoskincare user profile picture
picky squad user badge

addictedtoskincare

Oily/Sensitive

the lesser oil production of our skin , the lesser sebaceous filaments can form. So regulating them will likely help such as using an exfoliant and niacinamide. Good for you not breaking out for a 30mins oil cleansing, my acne prone skin could never šŸ˜†. I use niacinamide for oil control and there's not much visible on my nose.
upvote

comment

robinhop user profile picture
super picky user badge

robinhop

Dry/Sensitive

Iā€™m going to try this!
upvote

comment

V
super picky user badge

vanicream

Oily/Sensitive

Let me know how it goes!
upvote

comment

M

Miminii

Dry/Sensitive

After 5 minutes of oil cleansing and my skin will be irritated but lucky you!
upvote

comment

V
super picky user badge

vanicream

Oily/Sensitive

My skin can get a tiny bit irritated but I try to be gentle and only focus on nose.
upvote

comment

Beckster user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Beckster

Dry/Resilient

This is really interesting. I don't have oily skin, so I don't experience this myself, but I find this information really interesting. Thanks for sharing. It helps me understand other skin types.
upvote

comment

V
super picky user badge

vanicream

Oily/Sensitive

Glad you find it interesting! šŸ˜ƒ Oily acne prone skin is very tricky to handle
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Nature Republic | Honey Melting Lip event

Picky x Nature Republic | Honey Melting Lip

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 10th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!