picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

FragranceFree4Life user profile picture

FragranceFree4Life

Dry/Sensitive

dot241 Views

Lastest Sunscreens recall

Johnson & Johnson is recalling most of its Neutrogena and Aveeno spray sunscreens from U.S. stores after detecting benzene, a potentially cancer-causing chemical, in some samples. https://apple.news/AR-P-HM2UTeKvHEnMxeF6kA
upvote

comment

12 Comments

Cedric user profile picture

Cedric

Oily/Resilient

I saw this! but I also saw that lab muffin has pointed out that they are only recalling this out of an abundance of caution, rather than because these products are causing cancer. the news has kind of twisted the narrative to clickbaity headlines so we have to beware for that
upvote

comment

FragranceFree4Life user profile picture

FragranceFree4Life

Dry/Sensitive

oh thanks for letting me know, I’ll have to check out that video
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRU96Y1rhwj/?utm_medium=copy_link This is a good thing to know and read about the amount of benzene. The best thing is you may want to find out if you are eligible for a refund.
upvote

comment

lusitania user profile picture

lusitania

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for this important update 👍
upvote

comment

Nean user profile picture

Nean

Oily/Resilient

My mom actually saw this news and told me about it. I’m glad we don’t have those sunscreens here. Thank you for this!
upvote

comment

punkypeony user profile picture

punkypeony

Oily/Resilient

I’ve just read about this. It is specifically the aerosol versions. The base product didn’t have any in but when a lab tested samples of the aerosol product they detected low levels of benzene.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!