picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Brand Talk

SarriK user profile picture

SarriK

Dry/Resilient

dot462 Views

Who else out there is new to the game?

I am still relatively new to this whole skincare thing. I applaud the younger generation for being on top of this.....really it is amazing. My son has been taking care of his skin since he was around 10, but it was mostly acne products. Now, he is religious about his regimen. I am 43. I barely have wrinkles. My skin is fairly good. I hardly get breakouts, and I just never really saw the point. Most of the women in my family never got wrinkles and such until they were in their late 70s. When I was younger, I treated my acne & face because I wore makeup. Plus, I grew up in the 80s and 90s lol. Does anyone remember what hairspray did to your skin? I no longer wear all that makeup. Foundation feels heavy so I don't wear it. I love eyeshadow, mascaras, and eyeliners tho. The fantastic color schemes you can create have always fascinated me, but I regress. Without wearing all the makeup, I did not see the point in a skincare regimen. Now as I get older, I want to invest in my skin. I love CeraVe products. I have tried a few. As for the rest, it is like wading through a funhouse of ingredients, brands, bottles, jars, and tubs of fluid. I wanted to say thank you to all of the people on Picky from the creators to the opinion holders. My journey through skincare has become much easier since I discovered this app. I cannot stress enough how helpful Picky's information can be. When I was looking into each category, it really struck me on how everything was rated. How many holygrail ingredients especially for you were included was mind-blowing to me. However, one of the most beneficial things about Picky is the users. You all seriously help more than I think you know. The advice on ingredients, products, uses of products, etc is so helpful. Once again from someone in a little older generation, thank you to everyone for all your help. But I am curious as to how many others sort of feel the same way.
upvote

comment

17 Comments

ishiskin user profile picture

ishiskin

Dry/Sensitive

this is so heartwarming to read. skincare affects everyone and anyone at all ages! it’s honestly never too late. your skin sounds pretty great, wrinkles at 70??? woahhhh that’s some great genetics going down the line there
upvote

comment

SarriK

Dry/Resilient

It really is a blessing. All the women in my family look younger than they are. my great grandmother was in her 80s and looked 55
upvote

comment

remedyforbeauty user profile picture
super picky user badge

remedyforbeauty

Oily/Sensitive

I love this app & skincare community ✅💚✳️
upvote

comment

SarriK

Dry/Resilient

I have found some fantastic information on it.
upvote

comment

RubyonWings user profile picture

RubyonWings

Dry/Resilient

Welcome to the Picky community! You sound like you have awesome skin and great genetics! But still, its never too late to start pampering and taking care of your skin ✨ I guess lifestyle back in the 80s were a lot healthier, now we have tons of gadgets and digitalization takes a toll (for good or for bad). Anyway, looking forward to more topics you'll put up in the future! We don't see much people with mature skin here, and it would be of great help to the community to see what works for you and what doesn't 😉 Much love ❤️❤️
upvote

comment

SarriK

Dry/Resilient

thank you. I will definitely keep everyone posted
upvote

comment

FarahAl user profile picture

FarahAl

Oily/Resilient

I’m new too
upvote

comment

SarriK

Dry/Resilient

well welcome. I hope you find this app as useful as I have so far
upvote

comment

SarriK

Dry/Resilient

I appreciate everyone who is upvoting my discussion. It means a lot.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!