picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

SkincarebyNessa user profile picture

SkincarebyNessa

Oily/Sensitive

dot1,144 Views

PIH and PIE / post acne marks

Everyone seems to struggle with acne marks, so here's a lil research i did and what products help me fade mine ****Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) Vs Post-inflammatory erythema (PIE).**** ■ PIH is a melanin response that leaves a dark mark on the skin. PIH can happen when a pimple is irritated by picking or squeezing. PIH can be the result of an injury to the skin from a scratch, heat, UV exposure, or chemical burn. PIH tends to be more common in darker skin tones because of the abundance of melanin. ■ PIE appears as pink or red marks on the surface of the skin. Like PIH, PIE is caused by picking at pimples, UV exposure, chemicals, injury, or irritation. Most people have both. ■Best ingredients for fading PIH : •mandelic acid •vitamins A & C •niacinamide •kojic acid •lactic acid •hydroquinone. (Check the 2nd picture for some of my fav products that help me fade pih) ■Ingredients to fade PIE :  •Niacinamide •vitamins A, C, & E •peptides •green tea extract •lactic acid •aloe vera •allantoin (Check the first picture for some of my fav products that help me fade pie) ⚠️UV Protection is Required For Both PIH and PIE Sun will darken PIH and further inflame PIE. (Check the last picture for some of my fav sunscreens that help protect my skin )
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

86 Comments

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

this is very helpful & informative ! thanks 😍😍
upvote

comment

SkincarebyNessa

Oily/Sensitive

🥰🥰❤
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

oh i love that SVR Sebiaclear SPF! I bought it for the first time like 1 or 2 weeks ago and i really love it! i feel like it smoothes my skin and it indeed slowly fades some marks. i think i still need a proper serum for my marks tho.
upvote

comment

SkincarebyNessa

Oily/Sensitive

it's amazing! so moisturizing yet mattifying. the only issue is that it stings my cheeks a lil bit (cuz i have rosacea) when i wear a mask :/ so I'll repurchase when Covid is over. as for marks, if you like French products ducray keracnyl serum is really good, it has azelaic acid! it's on my wishlist
Keracnyl Serum

Ducray
Keracnyl Serum

star rating

(5)

favorite

upvote

comment

mickhey user profile picture

mickhey

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for sharing ❤️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!