picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Shortiecaramel user profile picture

Shortiecaramel

Dry/Resilient

dot320 Views

Confuse! Need Help!

🌸Good Day Everyone🌸 Let me start with an introduction of myself. I'm 32 years old, oily skin (hyperpigmentation, textured, dull skin, wrinkle undereyes) staying in humid country and new in exploring skincare knowledge. Hope is not late for me to start somewhere and truly appreciate your advise. 🙏❤ Every since becoming a busy stay home mum with a toddler, I feel less confidence in myself and insecure about my skin. Financial is very much restricted but im very sure there is affordable and good skincare products out there. At the end of this message, I will attach my current skin pictures. Reading & watching YouTube videos about skincare knowledge is exciting but yet overwhelming for me. I'm aiming to have healthy skin. I'm currently putting this brand on the look Cos De Baha, Iunik Cantella Calming Gel Cream and Beauty of Joseon Ginseng Essence. Recently, I also purchased Wishtrend Mandelic Acid but have yet to give a try. - Unsure on which skin concern & ingredients I should focus FIRST. - Recommendation on affordable products (toner, serum, moisturiser, sunscreen) - Looking for lightweight moisturiser that can be apply under make-up. I am truly appreciate with the help and advise given from everyone🙏❤Thank you so much!!!
carousel
carousel
carousel
Snail Mucin Power Serum With Niacinamide 2%

Cos de Baha
Snail Mucin Power Serum With Niacinamide 2%

star rating

(24)

favorite

Azelaic Acid 10% Serum with Niacinamide

Cos de Baha
Azelaic Acid 10% Serum with Niacinamide

star rating

(77)

favorite

Centella Calming Gel Cream

Iunik

star rating

(1204)

favorite

Ginseng Essence Water

BEAUTY OF JOSEON
Ginseng Essence Water

star rating

(425)

favorite

Centella Gel Cream

Cos de Baha
Centella Gel Cream

star rating

(5)

favorite

upvote

comment

9 Comments

157min user profile picture

157min

Dry/Resilient

For now, it is better for you to avoid chemical exfoliant like aha, bha and retinol. Just stick to the basic routine first and find a good cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen to suit your skin. You could also add some hydrating toner, essences and ampoule if your budget allows you. For recommendations: 1. cleansing oil/balm : to double cleanse your face and remove your makeup, usually once a day at night or depends on how frequently you wear makeup - heimish all clean balm / iunik calendula cleansing oil 2. cleanser : you can either pick a foaming or hydrating face wash. - soonjung whip cleanser 3. moisturizer : since you have oily and acne prone skin, a gel and lightweight moisturizer will work wonder for you - iunik centella gel cream or beplain hyaluronic moisturizer 4. sunscreen: - instree hyaluronic sunscreen : no whitecast - etude house mild airy finish sunscreen 5. Add on : - you can add the ginseng water and snail mucin if you want, but best for you to slowly introduce the products one by one to avoid breaking out
Calendula Complete Cleansing Oil

Iunik
Calendula Complete Cleansing Oil

star rating

(450)

favorite

Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk SPF50+ PA++++

ETUDE
Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk SPF50+ PA++++

star rating

(101)

favorite

All Clean Balm

Heimish
All Clean Balm

star rating

(686)

favorite

SoonJung pH 6.5 Whip Cleanser

ETUDE
SoonJung pH 6.5 Whip Cleanser

star rating

(236)

favorite

Iunik

star rating

(1204)

favorite

Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel SPF50+ PA++++

ISNTREE

star rating

(1047)

favorite

Hyaluronic Aqua Moisturizer

Beplain
Hyaluronic Aqua Moisturizer

star rating

(48)

favorite

upvote

comment

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

very helpful explanation
upvote

comment

herpuppi user profile picture

herpuppi

Dry/Sensitive

I just wanna say that your skin looks great!
upvote

comment

Shortiecaramel

Dry/Resilient

Awww.... your positive words make me in tears, when I myself have no confidence.❤🙏I truly appreciate.
upvote

comment

ditaputri user profile picture

ditaputri

Oily/Resilient

Your skin is gorgeous!!! I recommend you to stick at basic skincare first, there is cleanser, moisturizer and spf. if your skin addapt well with the basic, you can start using active ingredients such mandelic acid, any other AHA, BHA, Vit C or even retinol but don’t forget to start slow and do like 1-2 times a week. Good luck🤍
Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

COSRX
Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

star rating

(1464)

favorite

Iunik

star rating

(1204)

favorite

ISNTREE

star rating

(1047)

favorite

upvote

comment

Shortiecaramel

Dry/Resilient

Thank you for the position words @ditaputri 🙏❤ I'm so much insecure with my skin and that positive message means much to me. I'm definitely looking into the products that you recommended above. Thanks for taking your time ❤❤❤
upvote

comment

MeliAnn user profile picture

MeliAnn

Dry/Sensitive

You are at a good start but for a mimimal skincare routine for budget, Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer and SPF.
upvote

comment

Shortiecaramel

Dry/Resilient

Truly appreciate @MeliAnn for your advise. Do you mind to advise me what toner can I use for daily?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!