picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Andysiuuu1 user profile picture

Andysiuuu1

Dry/Resilient

dot51 Views

Not Removing Sunscreen / PM Routine

We all have those days where we get home, exhausted. Some days I’m too tired to get out of bed and do my PM routine with all the sunscreen and stuff piled up from the day. Is it bad to leave the sunscreen on the face? Anyone know the effects of leaving it on during the night? Any harm? (Obviously you’d want to cleanse but on the off days you just cba)
upvote

comment

6 Comments

AmeeJay user profile picture

AmeeJay

Dry/Resilient

I can relate to being tired 😂 but personally, having acne-prone skin, my skin would feel congested if I don't cleanse properly and eventually breaking out. Because it's not just sunscreen on your face all day, it could be other impurities like dust etc. of course I wouldn't recommend sleeping without cleansing. The easiest way is to simplify your routine with double cleansing and moisturizer 😅
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

This is a big no-no for me. When I don't remove the dirt from my face at the end of the day, I'll wake up the following day with my face full of pimples because the pores get clogged. You can try to use micellar water with a white cotton pad to see how much dirt is on your face each day. I find it quite disgusting, so it motivates me to do my pm routine properly. I understand it's hard to make yourself do the routine when tired but cleanser, (toner), moisturiser is a must.
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

It might clog your pores and wake up with irritation or breakouts 👀
upvote

comment

Btrskin user profile picture

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

It has happened to me a few times that I've fallen asleep without removing my sunscreen. I have been lucky and haven't had any breakouts. But it can give you clogged pores and breakouts. So it's always better to cleanse
upvote

comment

farahaszar user profile picture

farahaszar

Dry/Resilient

yups can relate there’s always that day when we are too exhausted to do the pm routine.. but the next day im gonna regret it for me for not cleans my skin at night before bed makes me got some new acne the next morning specially when im outside all day and continuously reapply the sunscreen so i try not to skip cleansing my skin even tho i skip the whole routine.. cleansing is never get skip
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!