picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

happyologist user profile picture

happyologist

Dry/Resilient

dot52 Views

sun skin for children

My little ones (5 and 3) are starting to develop freckles. They are not super keen on applying sunscreen and I’m thinking it might be too thick or the feeling is not very comfortable for them. Using aveeno right now. Any recommendations on sunscreen for kids that won’t kick a fuss when having to apply it daily? Much appreciated.
Kids Continuous Protection Zinc Oxide Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Children's Sensitive Skin with Broad Spectrum SPF 50

Aveeno
Kids Continuous Protection Zinc Oxide Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Children's Sensitive Skin with Broad Spectrum SPF 50

star rating

(2)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

As a kid, I hated when my mom applied sunscreen to my face because it was so cold! 🥶 I don't think she kept it in a fridge or anything. It was the formula. When older, I didn't notice that at all when I used the same sunscreen. Also, I was not too fond of runny sunscreens because I was afraid it would get into my eyes, so I was constantly moving around so my mom couldn't spread it (makes no sense, I know). On the other hand, I liked creams with a thick consistency because it felt like they were more under control. But I guess every child is different. 🙂 Also, sometimes the trick that you let them choose their sunscreen helps, and they will like to use it (it always worked on my cousin 😅).
upvote

comment

happyologist user profile picture

happyologist

Dry/Resilient

great idea letting them pick! thanks
upvote

comment

NguyenAndOngLy user profile picture

NguyenAndOngLy

Oily/Sensitive

I have seen some mom influencers in Instagram that they use this type of brush to apply it on thier child’s face and apparently it works like a charm! they didn’t fight it and was very excited to put sunscreen on! I haven’t tried it but have been using a make up foundation brush for my LO and so far he likes it, I tell him I need to paint his face with sunscreen 😂 although I don’t do it everyday only when we go outside for a long time in the sun. I need to do it everyday 😬
upvote

comment

tuttibelli user profile picture

tuttibelli

Dry/Resilient

Since they are little I recommend talking to a dermatologist
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!