picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Beachwaves user profile picture

Beachwaves

Dry/Sensitive

dot270 Views

To Vitamin C or Not to Vitamin C? That is the question?!

Hi! Have you used Vitamin C in your routine and seen a difference? I’m currently looking for a good, affordable (key word) brand that will deliver in results. I’m not sure: 1. Which brand to be looking at? 2. Which formula is best? - I’ve read and heard about VC being mixed with VE and Ferulic Acid (I believe) for better stability? But now I’m seeing serums with Hyaluronic Acid and other actives mixed in. I have combo skin, which tends to be more more dry. My skin is prone to sensitivity and I do have roscea; however, my skin quickly adapts to new serums and routines. Any help is greatly appreciated! 🧡🧡
upvote

comment

25 Comments

MeliAnn user profile picture

MeliAnn

Dry/Sensitive

Derma e makes a great vitamin C line and inexpensive.
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

derma e
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

star rating

(12)

favorite

Vitamin C Concentrated Serum

derma e
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum

star rating

(40)

favorite

upvote

comment

Beachwaves

Dry/Sensitive

I did not know Derma E had this line! I thought they only had cleansers and exfoliaters. Thank you!! 🧡🧡
upvote

comment

sskincarediaryy user profile picture

sskincarediaryy

Dry/Sensitive

Hi, i also have a very sensitive skin (eczema) and generally, my skin reacts badly to vitamin c but I tried Manyo Factory’s Galac Whitening Vita Serum, all it brought was good effects. You may also check the ingredients, it is a multi tasking serum that is packed with several vitamins 💖
Galac Whitening Vita Serum

manyo
Galac Whitening Vita Serum

star rating

(20)

favorite

upvote

comment

Beachwaves

Dry/Sensitive

Oohh!! Thank you so much! I have never heard of this brand. I’m sorry you’ve had bad reactions in the the past but I’m glad to hear you’re have success with Manyo Factory. I’m going to look them up right now!! 🧡🧡
upvote

comment

hexamuted user profile picture

hexamuted

Dry/Resilient

I use just straight vitamin C. I find formulas mixed with additives aren’t as effective for me personally. Skinceuticals has a super affordable vitamin C serum that I liked. you can grab it on Amazon. I really like using vitamin C in the AM - it helps brighten my complexion and I find it helps curbing irritation and dryness from retinol. it is an active though so make sure to moisturize really well and since vitamin C is photosensitive, SPF is a must when using it!
upvote

comment

Beachwaves

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you! I’ve heard really great things about Skinceuticals and I’ve been trying to find a dupe for them b/c of cost. I’m hesitant to use one that has so many actives because if my face reacts, I don’t know what I’m reacting to. Thank you for reminding me about sunscreen!! I’m truly awful with that unless I know I’ll be out all day in the sun. Also didn’t know it could help with my dryness! Thanks so much 🥰
upvote

comment

Btrskin user profile picture

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

I will purchase this one next month. I haven't tried it yet but heard so many good things about it. It's good for removing red acne marks as well. If you are in Europe then it would be mroe easily available. When I use a vitamin C serum I do see a difference in my acne marks and glow to the skin, but it also depends on which vitamin c serum it is. Vitamin E and vitamin C is a good combo as they boost each other. Vitamin C and feurelic acid is also a great combo. Vitamin C is an antioxidant so it's very good to incorporate it in your morning routine. Some people can experience irritation to vitamin C so it's always better to incorporate it slowly
101 C-Glow 15% Vitamin C Serum

Geek & Gorgeous

star rating

(59)

favorite

upvote

comment

Beachwaves

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you! Someone else mentioned this exact one and I’m really interested in it. And thank you for the tip to start off slowly - I would’ve just started slathering it on my face and reacted badly and given up. Thanks, love!! 🧡
upvote

comment

triedbutnotested user profile picture
picky squad user badge

triedbutnotested

Dry/Resilient

Hi there ,so the best Vitamin C serum - or let's just say Gold standard is C E Ferulic from Skinceuticals, coz it's backed by lot of research & science and most of the time recommend by Dermatologists & skin influencers. Skinceuticals has even patented the formula .on the downside it's way too expensive . Luckily there are some dupes for it which are like really affordable and does a good job 1. Timeless - (although you can only buy it in US as it has certain ingredient - idk the exact name - which is banned in EU) - but you can buy it on Yesstyle - now the problem is it takes almost 4-5 weeks to reach it ,,so the life expectancy is really less considering pure vitamin C is stable for 3-4 months only & by the time you receive the product it will be partially oxidized. - so it's your call 2. Geek & gorgeous C - glow - super affordable- Haven't used it personally but Heard lot of good reviews - gonna order soon 3. Vichys Liftactive - bit on pricey side 4. Paulas choice - C15 booster - more pricier than Vichy 5. Drunk elephant - more expensive that. PC there are many other good out there but i don't know much about it . Hope this helps Good luck 👍
Liftactiv Vitamin C Serum

Vichy
Liftactiv Vitamin C Serum

star rating

(12)

favorite

20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum

Timeless Skincare
20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum

star rating

(98)

favorite

C15 Super Booster

Paula's Choice
C15 Super Booster

star rating

(55)

favorite

Geek & Gorgeous

star rating

(59)

favorite

C-Firma Day Serum

Drunk Elephant
C-Firma Day Serum

star rating

(52)

favorite

upvote

comment

Beachwaves

Dry/Sensitive

Hi! I’m looking back through everything today and I see my original reply is not here…I don’t know if it got deleted? I’m sorry if you think I never responded to this amazing comment that helped me sooo much! I’m fact, after I replied, I went into a deeper dive into all of the products you recommended. Thank you for taking the time to put so much thought into answering my questions AND to recommend so many different products with different price points and different added bonuses. I appreciate your answer and I appreciate you!! I’m just so sorry if you never saw my 1st reply and thought I wouldn’t take the time to thank you. Thank you!!! I’m extremely grateful for this!! I hope you have a beautiful day 🧡🧡🧡
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!