picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

LiaraBastos user profile picture

LiaraBastos

Oily/Resilient

dot112 Views

Skin routine for pregnant

Hi! I'm pregnant and would like skincare tips, I've always taken care of my skin but I don't know what to use during pregnancy besides sunscreen. Do you have any tips for mixed and acneic skin?
upvote

comment

10 Comments

ZYuli user profile picture

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

because you are pregnant you want to avoid retinol, bha, … this can affect the baby. A good alternative is azelaic acid, it has shown to give the same result as tretinoin but it’s much gentler and safe for pregnancy.
upvote

comment

punkypeony user profile picture

punkypeony

Oily/Resilient

congratulations! sometimes skin can become quite different during pregnancy - mine became quite dry and sensitive so I stuck to none damaging ingredients. sun damage is very common so really good spf and I’d personally avoid any retinol etc.
upvote

comment

destinationglass user profile picture

destinationglass

Dry/Resilient

First, congratulations are in order! I have never been pregnant myself, but one of my favorite skincare YouTubers has (twice) she's also here on the app somewhere and she did a video on this very topic: https://youtu.be/-gQCTIcoKb0
upvote

comment

evabilqistafdila user profile picture

evabilqistafdila

Dry/Resilient

congratulations for your pregnancy. avoid retinol and hydroquinon
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!