picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Siennaa user profile picture

Siennaa

Oily/Sensitive

dot84 Views

Always breaking out from cleansing oil.

I have oily acne prone skin and i always struggle with blackheads on my T zone so i really like how cleansing oil helps with those problems but i’ve tried 3 different oil cleanser now and each of them, despite helping with my black heads, have broken me out specifically on the cheek and jaw and i don’t know what to do. When i stop double cleansing the break outs stop but i get large black heads and closed comedones on my face and i don’t know what to do nor what the problem is. Yes I emulsify the oil and rinse it with water then use a foaming cleanser (i use la roche posay) so ive just assumed my skin and cleansing oil don’t go together. Ultimately any advice or product recommendations to prevent the acne breakouts or my black heads and close comedones would be great but i’m also curious to know if anyone’s been through the same thing as me.
Rice Water Bright Rich Cleansing Oil

THE FACE SHOP
Rice Water Bright Rich Cleansing Oil

star rating

(21)

favorite

Black Rice Moisture Deep Cleansing Oil

HaruHaru WONDER
Black Rice Moisture Deep Cleansing Oil

star rating

(137)

favorite

Heartleaf Pore Control Cleansing Oil

ANUA
Heartleaf Pore Control Cleansing Oil

star rating

(209)

favorite

upvote

comment

9 Comments

Veracity user profile picture
super picky user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

This is just my guess, The Face Shop has isopropyl myristate HaruHaruWonder and Anua both contain olive oil up high in ingredients list which is high in oleic acid. Anua also has Butyl avocadate derived from avocado oil. All these ingredients are not very friendly to acne prone skin. You may just haven’t find the right cleansing oil imo. A quick search on google about oils and its content can help you understand more about oils. Not all oils are bad for oily skin, some oils like jojoba, grapeseed and squalane are beneficial for oily skinned folks. I especially love squalane. 😊
upvote

comment

Siennaa user profile picture

Siennaa

Oily/Sensitive

Do you have any recommendations?
upvote

comment

Skinholygrail user profile picture
super picky user badge

Skinholygrail

Dry/Sensitive

Maybe the oils aren't very compatible with your skin, so instead of using a 100 different ones in search of the one that actually works, maybe get micellar water instead to remove your sunscreen and make up. To remove blackheads use exfoliants instead, they tend to be more effective either way
upvote

comment

Beautyfun2025 user profile picture

Beautyfun2025

Dry/Sensitive

Definitely check the ingredients for each and see which one is the one that is gentle or maybe try a different brand. Oils are tricky one because some skin loves it and other doesn’t start with eliminating ingredients
upvote

comment

KFan user profile picture
picky squad user badge

KFan

Oily/Resilient

Try switching to a cleansing balm instead; my favourite is Pyunkang Yul, I have been using it for half a year apprx and never had breakouts from it. It contains safe for oily skin oils, the only thing there's fragrance listed so keep it in mind. Another option would be to incorporate BHA toner for your blackheads if you haven't done that yet. Tagging a simple and effective one to be used 2 weekly.
Deep Clear Cleansing Balm

Pyunkang Yul
Deep Clear Cleansing Balm

star rating

(63)

favorite

Chestnut BHA 2% Clear Liquid

ISNTREE
Chestnut BHA 2% Clear Liquid

star rating

(179)

favorite

Chestnut BHA 0.9% Clear Liquid

ISNTREE
Chestnut BHA 0.9% Clear Liquid

star rating

(15)

favorite

upvote

comment

im40andhappy user profile picture

im40andhappy

Dry/Resilient

Try Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Light Cleansing Oil and Mixsoon Bean Essence 🤗👌
Madagascar Centella Light Cleansing Oil

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Light Cleansing Oil

star rating

(1359)

favorite

Bean Essence

MIXSOON
Bean Essence

star rating

(2488)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush event

Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 7th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!