picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Brand Talk

Santinosmomma user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Santinosmomma

Oily/Resilient

dot376 Views

is it safe to buy korean beauty on amazon ??

Iv recently noticed that some of the products from isntree ,cosrx , innisfree etc. Are sold on amazon. Most of the sellers are 2nd party and are not from the brands. Someone mentioned to me as well that there are identifying pin numbers on all korean beauty and skincare verification of the products authentication from the brand. I was looking a 2nd or 3rd party store in Toronto that sells korean and Japanese skincare and i seen a comment that someone left saying none of their products had those numbers on them so that means they are fake !! Is this true ? I need your help here picky family. Is it safe to buy from Amazon??? Or is my best and safest option to go with wishtrend, style korean and yes style ?? Thank you in advance. I dont think i would be able to put my 1st order for korean skincare in on friday without the help off everyone that sent me discount codes and let me wonderful reviews on products and brands. THANK YOU TO ALL SO MUCH , I AM SUPER GRATEFUL!!πŸ™πŸ€πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ’“
upvote

comment

28 Comments

skinvenue user profile picture

skinvenue

Oily/Sensitive

Cosrx products are very easy to counterfeit, TBH, since the boxes' serial numbers are all the same for each product. So both the authentic ones' and fake ones' serials will check out. Somebymi items are harder to reproduce illegally since each of their products has their own codes and whatnot. Beauty vloggers on YT often say they don't purchase off of Amazon since they see fakes there. They usually promote Stylevana, Yesstyle and iHerb. I personally buy most of my K-skincare directly from Korea, but I guess it's easier for me than consumers in the West since I'm just in SE Asia.
upvote

comment

Radiant1111 user profile picture

Radiant1111

Oily/Sensitive

Hey! I’m from Toronto too and I would not trust Amazon.ca. There are too many counterfeit products. YesStyle is legit but their pandemic shipping cost is crazy. You can check out Jolse.com for K-beauty or their eBay store (iamlove-shop). Their eBay store has free shipping but it takes a few weeks to come from Korea. I’ve never paid taxes or duties cause they don’t declare the full retail value. You can also check out Walmart and T&T Supermarket and Innisfree at the Eaton Centre. I think it’s ok to shop on Amazon Japan, only if the items are sold/shipped by Amazon and not third parties. You’ll have to pay extra for shipping and duties, though I’ve never done it but I saw someone who did it on IG and she said it worked out to be cheaper. I might try that one day. Hope this helps!
upvote

comment

Cherryblossoms user profile picture

Cherryblossoms

Dry/Sensitive

I also live in Toronto. I would also recommend checking out Sukoshi Mart, H mart, Sephora and nature collection they also carry some korean lines. I feel like Amazon sells too many fake goods to be trust worthy.
upvote

comment

Santinosmomma user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Santinosmomma

Oily/Resilient

i would rather pay more shipping and taxs and wait a few more days then get fake products. most of the picky uers iv talked to buy from wishtrend or yes style. so ill go with those ones. idk if i can order directly from the brand ??
upvote

comment

Littledarling27 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Littledarling27

Oily/Resilient

Hi, some brands like vely vely and abib sell through Amazon and they're legit. You should verify that the brand sells through Amazon to ensure it's not a fake product.
upvote

comment

Practiceforskin user profile picture

Practiceforskin

Dry/Resilient

some brands do sell on there so you can check to make sure you’re getting it from the brand itself. if not, I think it’s best to go elsewhere
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!