picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Opinion

Kevv user profile picture

Kevv

Oily/Resilient

dot85 Views

Sur.Medic Giveaway (?)

Assuming that y'all have seen the giveaway with Sur.Medic, what are your thoughts about it? Sure, the packaging is very unique and eye catching. But I have mixed opinion because it's really not sustainable and it doesn't look skincare at all (from their brand name up to this product).
carousel
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

It's a great marketing and branding trick and seeing the amount of comments of everyone being obsessed how cool the packaging is - they have nailed it. However, I personally can't wrap my head around how we are knowingly trashing the planet and just shrugging it off. It is quite devastating and just goes to show that many of us simply do not care as long as 'the packaging is cool'...
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

In my opinion this SUPER WASTEFUL packaging is not justified by the purpose/ingredients of this product. There is nothing special in the formulation that requires (I assume) a 1-time use system. I am also concerned that the transparent packaging cannot prevent oxidation of the vitamin C contained in the product. And also honestly my bathroom is not a hospital/doctor's office. It does NOT amuse/relax me to use a product with medical-themed packaging. I will pass on this one.
upvote

comment

Radiant1111 user profile picture

Radiant1111

Oily/Sensitive

I used to work with people with drug addictions and the packaging of this ampoule reminded me of the syringes πŸ’‰ I used to see all the time. I think it’s distasteful and like others have already mentioned, the packaging is wasteful. The sight of it makes me cringe. I won’t be applying for this one.
upvote

comment

astraldew user profile picture

astraldew

Oily/Resilient

This is my sentiment. This is triggering for some.
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

I didnt participate in this giveaway. Just like you said it may seem cool and unique but I think it is just a waste that they generate. Moreover I dont really like the ingredients in there. Not suiting my skin.
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

I'm not too fond of products packed separately for each use because it's wasteful. But I've seen only mini ampoules so far, so this takes it to a whole new level. πŸ˜‚ I'd be worried to have this in my bathroom. What might others think it is? πŸ˜…
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!