Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus āž•

Skin Concern

AnneMarie91 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

AnneMarie91

Oily/Resilient

dot333 Views

Oily and dehydrated skin - Help

Hi Picky community,šŸ˜€ I did the lancome skin test and my skin is bad for my age in terms of visible pores, hydration (less than 20%) and I have dehydration line starting to show around my eyes. I even have redness (it is invisible to me on my black skin) according to their device. Plus, i have post acne marks(PIH). I think I do everything right except when I am Lazy like today. But obviously i am not or skincare does not work. Here is my routine. ā˜€ļø AM 1.Micellar water( Byphasse pink bottle) or just water 2. Toner (skin 1004 centella toning toner gifted by Picky or Hada Labo Shirojyun whitening lotion with arbutine) 3. Serum (Exaglow from Facetheory or Skinhit soothing serum, both contains niacinamide) 4. Oil free moisturizer from Facetheory 5. Sunscreen ( UV antiage SPF 50 for Nivea or Sun Ozon Med SPF 50) PM routinešŸŒœ 1. i need to remove makeup, i use the Clinique Cleansing balm 2. Varuza gentle cleanser (gift from Picky) 3. Toners same as AM 4. Exfoliant ( TO mandelic acid + HA or Acnemy peeling) or sĆ©rum ( same as AM) 5. COSRX šŸŒ92 All in one Cream 6. Time reverse sleeping mask from Transparent lab. I exfoliate twice a week and use differin 2 a week. I sometimes skip moisturizer in the morning but i use my spf as a moisturizer and the dermatologist Dr Dray said that sunscreen is enough as a moisturizer. Plus both sunscreen i use are moisturizing, they are not drying at all and they are not mattifying. I use my hands to distribute toner and I put a generous amount to keep my skin moist to put a moisturizer on. I pat gently the toner gently into my skin before the serum and moisturizer. My main focus now is hydration and hyperpigmentation but I do not want to look greasy. For my potes, i give up. I use niacinamide every day and they remain the same, i am only less oily than before I started skincare. Please help me with your tips for hydration, hyperpigmentation, fine lines around the eye are, sebum production, soothing the skin.
Sun UV Face Q10 Anti-Age & Anti-Pigments SPF50

Nivea
Sun UV Face Q10 Anti-Age & Anti-Pigments SPF50

star rating

(18)

favorite

Advanced Snail 92 All-in-One Cream

COSRX
Advanced Snail 92 All-in-One Cream

star rating

(772)

favorite

Solution Micellaire

Byphasse
Solution Micellaire

star rating

(6)

favorite

Shirojyun Albutin Medicinal Whitening Toner

Hada Labo
Shirojyun Albutin Medicinal Whitening Toner

star rating

(18)

favorite

Madagascar Centella Toning Toner

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Toning Toner

star rating

(1324)

favorite

Supergel Oil-Free Moisturiser M3 for Oily and Acne-Prone Skin

facetheory
Supergel Oil-Free Moisturiser M3 for Oily and Acne-Prone Skin

star rating

(21)

favorite

SkinHit Soothing Serum

Beauty Bay
SkinHit Soothing Serum

star rating

(8)

favorite

Exaglow Serum S10

facetheory
Exaglow Serum S10

star rating

(8)

favorite

MED Sonnenfluid LSF 50

Sunozon
MED Sonnenfluid LSF 50

star rating

(5)

favorite

Zitpeel

Acnemy
Zitpeel

star rating

(1)

favorite

Time Reverse Beauty Sleep Mask

Transparent Lab
Time Reverse Beauty Sleep Mask

star rating

(4)

favorite

upvote

comment

8 Comments

Devilx3 user profile picture

Devilx3

Oily/Sensitive

Maybe you can try adding in a products that contain different molecular weight of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is known as a humectant, it work like a sponge to help retain water. Ps apply hyaluronic acid on moist/wet skin. After washing your face, do not fully dry your skin. Just get rid of excess water then put on your serum or toner. If not you can also use some mist first before you apply hyaluronic acid. Maybe also a product that contain ceramide to help repair skin barrier. Transepidermal water loss happens when water from the skin is evaporated to the external enviroment, often due to damaged skin barrier. It is unable to hold the water in the skin.
Aqua Activating Serum

Rovectin
Aqua Activating Serum

star rating

(34)

favorite

Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion

Rovectin
Skin Essentials Activating Treatment Lotion

star rating

(423)

favorite

Ceramide Shot Ampoule

AMPLE:N
Ceramide Shot Ampoule

star rating

(91)

favorite

Real Hyaluronic Blue 100 Ampoule

Wellage
Real Hyaluronic Blue 100 Ampoule

star rating

(908)

favorite

Hyaluron Shot Ampoule

AMPLE:N
Hyaluron Shot Ampoule

star rating

(6)

favorite

Clean Lotus Water Calming Toner

Rovectin
Clean Lotus Water Calming Toner

star rating

(458)

favorite

upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

AnneMarie91

Oily/Resilient

i will be receiving the Potions giveaway. It has 3 sƩrum for maximum hydration: hyaluronic acid, peptides, and jojoba oil.
upvote

comment

Devilx3 user profile picture

Devilx3

Oily/Sensitive

Here are some ingredients to look out for if you are talking about hyperpigmentation - Vitamin C, Alpha arbutin, Tranexamic acid, Azelaic acid and etc. If you are currently still experiencing acne, you should look into azelaic acid as it can help existing active acne and brighten past acne hyperpigmentation. If not, you can try any of those suggested ingredients and see which work better for you. If you are talking about fine line you should look for ingredients like peptide. Peptide can stimulate your skin to make collagen. More collagen can lead to firmer and younger-looking skin. Most collagen product, the collagen have molecular weight making them too large to penetrate the top layer of skin so I suggest using peptide would be a better choice. Neogen surmedic -Azulene soothing peptide ampoule
Tranexamic Acid Night Treatment

The Inkey List
Tranexamic Acid Night Treatment

star rating

(67)

favorite

Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

The Ordinary
Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%

star rating

(494)

favorite

Vita C Plus Spot Correcting & Firming Ampoule

MISSHA
Vita C Plus Spot Correcting & Firming Ampoule

star rating

(27)

favorite

upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

AnneMarie91

Oily/Resilient

i will try azelaic acid soon..i don't want to impair my skin barrier with to many active at once. so i'll wait.
upvote

comment

L

Lys08

Oily/Resilient

Your skin sounds very similar to mine. Like you, Iā€™ve pretty much given up on my pores and am focusing on fine lines, fading red marks, and oil/hydration balance. Iā€™ve found this serum to be a winner with tranexamic acid and niacinamide. Itā€™s also gentle and hydrating enough to use daily even when my skin is irritated.
Discoloration Correcting Serum

Good Molecules
Discoloration Correcting Serum

star rating

(109)

favorite

upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

AnneMarie91

Oily/Resilient

thank you good molƩcules is a brand that i want to try so bad
upvote

comment

J

JenikoMarcel

Oily/Sensitive

Try to replace the micellar water with an hydrating toner and do the 7 skin method with it.
Full Fit Propolis Synergy Toner

COSRX
Full Fit Propolis Synergy Toner

star rating

(642)

favorite

Oligo Hyaluronic Acid 5000 Toner

THE LAB by blanc doux
Oligo Hyaluronic Acid 5000 Toner

star rating

(50)

favorite

upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

AnneMarie91

Oily/Resilient

thank you but hydrating water do not cleanse the skin and i already use toner and lotion so i don't see what will it bring to use Ć  specific product. maybe 7 steps methods is something I should look into.
upvote

comment

koolklawz user profile picture

koolklawz

Oily/Resilient

Iā€™m fairly new to skincare, so take any of this with a grain of salt, but by the redness, it seems like your skin might be suffering trauma of some sort. I know you only exfoliate twice a week, but I see a lot of your layers contain acids, like the centella toner, for instance. Your serums seem to contain acids, too. Do you have alternates you rotate, or do you generally choose from these for both routines?
upvote

comment

koolklawz user profile picture

koolklawz

Oily/Resilient

Also, I see thereā€™s peppermint oil in the SkinHit - that can also be an irritant.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!